Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Hopefully City get all excited, because their going to be playing in Europe next year, then UEFA reveal its Fulham that will be playing in the UEFA Cup :p

The only person I feel sorry for in the current City situation is Sven, but even if he does stay, I hope they still miss out.

·
23,699 Posts
Fair Play saga rumbles on

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ster_city/s/1049605_fair_play_saga_rumbles_on

14/ 5/2008

MANCHESTER City's UEFA Cup dream will not be decided until Friday when the English Fair Play table is ratified.

The Blues are competing with Fulham for England's spot, with the other Fair Play entrants coming from Denmark and Germany.

Meanwhile, City striker Valeri Bojinov has admitted through his agent he may not want to stay next season should Sven-Goran Eriksson not be there.

·
23,699 Posts
It is Citeh in Europe!!!!

AFP

Man City get fair play place in UEFA Cup
28 minutes ago

LONDON (AFP) - Manchester City have been awarded a 'Fair Play' place in next season's UEFA Cup, the English Premier League announced on Friday.

England received an extra berth in the competition for topping the Europe-wide Fair Play league and although City only finished sixth in the domestic version, all the sides above them had already qualified for European competition in the 2008-09 campaign.

City were left sweating over the spot after captain Richard Dunne was sent off in their final league game of the season, a humiliating 8-1 defeat by Middlesbrough.

But once the final count had been done it was revealed that they had held off Fulham and they will now enter the competition at the first qualifying round stage in July.

Ironically, City's failure to qualify for Europe through the normal avenues is one of the reasons that club owner Thaksin Shinawatra is expected to sack manager Sven-Goran Eriksson once he has lined up a suitable replacement.

·
Registered
45 Posts
he he we havin got into europe..ok we dnt deserve to be on merit but we got in there ..so this has made may day yipee

now before you have a go and all that dnt forget champs league is for champions of your league now lets look back and didnt you win it in 1999 without bein champions the previous season..have started something now
anyway am bein serious now GOOD LUCK ON WEDNESDAY I WILL BE SUPPORTING YOU..

·
Registered
854 Posts
I know this sounds silly but Derby were out of the league in Christmas. Could Jewell not of said for the craic, don't get booked for the rest of the season. Shows what a joke this rule is. Anyway City will get slaughtered by any mediocare team in Europe so I wouldn't worry.

·
Registered
45 Posts
man.utd.singh said:
we won it 99 after being 99 english champs too. mate your confused. but thx for the goodluck wish :)
no mate i think your confused read my thread again mate...YOU WERE NOT CHAMPS IN 98 TO QUAILIFY FOR CHAMPS LEAGUE IN 99 WHEN YOU WON IT... i dnt no a man utd fan who dnt no there history..ha ha
anyway this is not a dig just that uefa mess every thin up they even let us boys in and thats a joke..ok i am buzzin that we in there but would of prefered to get in by merit and not on fair play
we will proberly play some bad welsh team and get beat you no wot we like
again this is not a dig but how can we beat you twice in a season and then get battered of boro

scott 4 evra said:
I know this sounds silly but Derby were out of the league in Christmas. Could Jewell not of said for the craic, don't get booked for the rest of the season. Shows what a joke this rule is. Anyway City will get slaughtered by any mediocare team in Europe so I wouldn't worry.
i couldnt agree with you more mate and i am a blue

·
Registered
854 Posts
mcfcpaul said:
no mate i think your confused read my thread again mate...YOU WERE NOT CHAMPS IN 98 TO QUAILIFY FOR CHAMPS LEAGUE IN 99 WHEN YOU WON IT... i dnt no a man utd fan who dnt no there history..ha ha
anyway this is not a dig just that uefa mess every thin up they even let us boys in and thats a joke..ok i am buzzin that we in there but would of prefered to get in by merit and not on fair play
we will proberly play some bad welsh team and get beat you no wot we like
again this is not a dig but how can we beat you twice in a season and then get battered of boro

i couldnt agree with you more mate and i am a blue
a city fan how's it goin. i actually like City I'm not one of these hate your rivals type. being from Ireland I look out for Dunne and Ireland in particular. do u think dunne will stay? he is a fantastic defender and would be a big loss. Stephen Ireland impresses me most times I watch him. In OT this year him and Dunne were excellent. Don't know why Ireland won't play for Ireland tho.

Hey if Middlesboro can get to a Uefa Cup final you never know.

·
Registered
45 Posts
scott 4 evra said:
a city fan how's it goin. i actually like City I'm not one of these hate your rivals type. being from Ireland I look out for Dunne and Ireland in particular. do u think dunne will stay? he is a fantastic defender and would be a big loss. Stephen Ireland impresses me most times I watch him. In OT this year him and Dunne were excellent. Don't know why Ireland won't play for Ireland tho.

Hey if Middlesboro can get to a Uefa Cup final you never know.

dunne is a class act for us boys as for wether he stays i hope so but i wouldnt blame him if he goes he 28 now so maybe he thinkin about one more big pay day geordie bound i reckon.
as for s.irland he has good games and bad games for us if we can get say 5 mill for him then let him go
and finally if boro can beat us 8 1 we dnt even deserve to be in europe ha ha ..thanks for your support though..
come on utd next week from man city fan

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
mcfcpaul said:
dunne is a class act for us boys as for wether he stays i hope so but i wouldnt blame him if he goes he 28 now so maybe he thinkin about one more big pay day geordie bound i reckon.
as for s.irland he has good games and bad games for us if we can get say 5 mill for him then let him go
and finally if boro can beat us 8 1 we dnt even deserve to be in europe ha ha ..thanks for your support though..
come on utd next week from man city fan
Im quite surprised at some of your views. you would be willing to let Ireland
go for 5 million? He's one of your best players mate :confused:
As for Dunne, he is a class act. Your player of the year every year more or less
as well as being Ireland's best defender by a country mile.

I dont mind that City have qualified for the Uefa cup. Fulham in there would
be even more embarrassing :rolleyes:
Fair play to you I guess.........if Rangers can get to the final then anything is
possible....

Im just looking forward to next season when you boys know what it feels like
to play a match midweek and then us at the weekend. ;)
There is no way you will ever be doing a double over us again.
next season you will be tired and we will do to you what Anderson does to
Fabregaaaaaaas :D

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.