Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....things can only get better :whistling:

Shocking performance today, but we were due one at some point. It should act as a wake up call for the lads and inspire another unbeaten run. We've got a lot of important games coming up and hey need to regain focus if we're to secure number 18. I'm confident Fergie can give them the boot up the arse they deserve and I'm confident the players have it in them to see us over the finish line, they've done it for two seasons in a row after all.

I'm severely pissed off at today's performance and obviously the result, but we've still got a healthy advantage and I'm still confident the boys will get the job done.

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
well said zuco i couldnt of put it better myself

yes im amazingly pissed at the way we played today and of corse who we lost too, but the advantage is still ours and we need to play like champions again from now till the end of the season

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
We're just giving the scousers a little hope before we equal their League tally.

I so hope we get them in the CL and humiliate them!

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Yeah, we're still ahead of everybody else, and we have our game in hand. Hopefully that translates into 3 points... As for waking us up, if this doesn't wake us up, then nothing will. I mean, I almost fear for Fulham. Goodness knows that we're going into that game with a point to prove. But this better be a reminder for our guys that the season isn't over yet.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Agreed, it's the kick up the arse we needed. IMO we weren't too hot during the week, had Inter at 1-0 I think we could be out of Europe. We got through Wednesday but we were caught out today. Too many players were just not switced on. Could you say anyone had a decent game today ? I think not. Anyway the battle is lost but i have no doubt the war will be won come the end of the season, on the League front anyway.

·
Registered
47 Posts

Shocking performance today, but we were due one at some point. It should act as a wake up call for the lads and inspire another unbeaten run. We've got a lot of important games coming up and hey need to regain focus if we're to secure number 18. I'm confident Fergie can give them the boot up the arse they deserve and I'm confident the players have it in them to see us over the finish line, they've done it for two seasons in a row after all.

I'm severely pissed off at today's performance and obviously the result, but we've still got a healthy advantage and I'm still confident the boys will get the job done.
Definetely!

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts

4 points clear, a game in hand, things are still pretty much in control.

It was the perfect way to put liverfool out of their missery, but this way, they have that tiny hope, which means they'll try harder, and since by this time of year they're not used to fighting on two fronts, they're gonna wear themselves out.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
As I've said. We conceded from bad individual errors from players who are usually rock solid.

This will hurt the lads and rouse them into action.

I fully expect a strong response in the next game.

Fergie will not except anything else.

·
All round nice guy
3,887 Posts
I'd be seriously worried if I was Roy Hodgson or a Fulham player. I can see a massive backlash coming up after this, and Fulham will be the victims.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
4 points clear, a game in hand, things are still pretty much in control.

It was the perfect way to put liverfool out of their missery, but this way, they have that tiny hope, which means they'll try harder, and since by this time of year they're not used to fighting on two fronts, they're gonna wear themselves out.
Ya I agree, we are still in a very good position as long as we beat Fulham next..
It's funny that they will still think they have a chance in the League and it well mess up Rafas plans for the Champions League.. I would love to meet them in the CL now and get revenge!!

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
a disgraceful performance today by utd and suprisingly caused by the defence who have put us in this great position , our scouse chums will be giving us grief for the next 12 months now guys :(.
but if we were offered this position way back in november when utd were not convincing at all and i honestly could not see us winning the title at that stage ,then todays position at the top of the table would have been grabbed with both hands ,this shocking performance SHOULD be the kick up the backside the players need to get another 2 or 3 trophies for utd.
i feared a backlash when i read the headlines ROONEY HATES THE KOP what a stupid thing to say pre game :eek: , by my reckoning utd are in a great position to collect more silverware but the team is still 2-3 players short of being a dream team we need a phsical pressence in midfield and attack and its not there against top opponents {liverpool have walked thru us twice now} alarm bells should be ringing.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1-4. Jesus. Christ. Almighty.

A performance as bad as that has been coming, but a result that reads Manchester United 1 - 4 Liverpool. :eek:
Add to that Gerrard has missed a sitter.

Numb, is the feeling I am in now, not sure if I am gutted, sick or ******* fuming, all three I think.

Please, no one try sugar coating it with excuses about sendings off or they only won because we made mistakes.
Today, we have been well and truely ******* battered

Anyway quit with the panic !!!

This changes nothing...

We played badly and got what we deserved.... Nothing. :frown:

They played marginally better, but now think they're World beaters and will come unstuck in the coming weeks...

We're still 4 points clear.

Win our game in hand and we are SEVEN points clear!

You'd have taken that at the beginning of the season, so take it now.

To any scousers reading...

"You can have your moment, but when all the elation wears off just remember, you are still looking up at us, and you are still scouse" :fyou:

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Payback is coming liverpiss! Dont worry ya'll, we may meet them later and bring tears to their eyes.we are still the champions and on top!

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
another good thread.
i can't help but think that we have been riding our luck a little in recent times, getting slightly complacent. we had the aura of the clean sheets which made teams almost believe they wouldn't score against us which obviously makes it easier at the top end. then we have got results without playing too well, and i think a lot of the talk in the media about the quintuple might just have started to filter through to the players. this defeat will just act as something of a wake up call. nothing's won yet, not by a long shot. we're still in the best position, we haven't knocked our chances of winning the lot but maybe we can get down to cliches and just take it one game at a time!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts