Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
I think that the true outcome of this game will become evident when we see how we have reacted to it. The negative prospect is that it really deflates us, and we go on a streak of poor form - which would be costly.

Or, the more likely route in my opinion, is that it really gives up a kick up the backsides and reminds them that they are not gods and they have to play 100% every game to win anything. And that could give us really motivation and determination to have a strong run in this season.

It would really give out a strong message in the next match if we went and really battered our opponents, as if to say 'you can knock us down but you won't keep us down'.

Lets face it, we got really battered today, every one of our players was terrible and Liverpool were very good. But the up side is, it might just turn out to be a blessing in disguise.

·
23,699 Posts
I think that the true outcome of this game will become evident when we see how we have reacted to it. The negative prospect is that it really deflates us, and we go on a streak of poor form - which would be costly.

Or, the more likely route in my opinion, is that it really gives up a kick up the backsides and reminds them that they are not gods and they have to play 100% every game to win anything. And that could give us really motivation and determination to have a strong run in this season.

It would really give out a strong message in the next match if we went and really battered our opponents, as if to say 'you can knock us down but you won't keep us down'.

Lets face it, we got really battered today, every one of our players was terrible and Liverpool were very good. But the up side is, it might just turn out to be a blessing in disguise.
Better be performed by an elephant.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
This remind anyone else of the City derby game for the anniversary of Munich? Just how deflating it was. Obviously the overall magnitude of that game had more around it, but man, that was the last time I felt this empty/gutted with the performance.

Just like that day, its tough to talk about the players because we could see how much they wanted it(IMO), just nothing went right really. Just one of those days...

I a not trying to belittle the meaning behind the Munich anniversary game, just talking about the feeling I had throughout and after for league games with such magnitude.

Hopefully it has the same impact now, as it did then. Gonna be rough on us though, with not as many games on the schedule for the next couple weeks to help wash this out of our systems.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Your right, 4 points clear with a game in hand, which if we win is 7 points, that is a healthy lead, United player really bad today, but to all fairnest, it just wasn't there day, it was destined for Liverpool to win, even know we lost today, i have this really good feeling that we will still win the league and go unbeaten until the end of the season, this was a wake up call to the lads, and they are going to respond.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
....things can only get better :whistling:

Shocking performance today, but we were due one at some point. It should act as a wake up call for the lads and inspire another unbeaten run. We've got a lot of important games coming up and hey need to regain focus if we're to secure number 18. I'm confident Fergie can give them the boot up the arse they deserve and I'm confident the players have it in them to see us over the finish line, they've done it for two seasons in a row after all.

I'm severely pissed off at today's performance and obviously the result, but we've still got a healthy advantage and I'm still confident the boys will get the job done.
exactly

its simply the kick up the hole we needed ... we'll go on a serious run now just like we did after arsenal... it could be worse we could be livepool fans their team is shhhiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttt and one good result against united will never hide that

TOP OF THE LEAGUE

·
Registered
249 Posts
The players must respond with a strait wins, I just can`t accept this bad performance, we lost 4-1 "HOME" thats bad, we need to bounce back I saw the players unmotivated even against inter we were not fighting, why!?

If we want titles we have to fight for it not just play by the name!

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Top 'o the League and that's a facht!

Firstly, thank you zuco for a great positive thread. Been reading a bit on here tonight and its been cringeworthy to say the least.

Anyway, Ill tell you all about my trip to Manchester so carry on reading if you are arsed hearing my story :p

Me and my best mate flew to Manchester on the Friday night. Had a few pints and a good wander around the city centre. I have to say I really like Manchester, despite a lot of people calling it a dump. :confused:

Woke up this Saturday morning in the Marriot hotel and had a cold shower (not by choice):rolleyes:
Had a coffee followed by a few whisky's to get us in the spirit of things. Watched a bit of soccer AM and off we went. Buzzing to bits we were, like it was Xmas when we were 6.

We were armed with our bottles of whisky and coke. Two 500 ml bottles of Coke could be bought for £1.20 in Tesco :eek: 10 massive chocolate cookies for £1.50. :eek: We were in heaven, we truly were.....This led us to the conclusion that we were getting raped back in Ireland. Shit is so cheap in the UK, its amazing!!!

It was our first United/Pool game at Old Trafford. The buzz around OT was immense, much more than I/we had experienced before. This was to be THE biggest game I would ever see live, and Ive seen a few over the years.

We sat beside Sharon as usual up in the North stand. We let her sit in a couple of seats so she can sit beside people she has gotten to know. Top lass who makes every home game and she goes on her own.

Atmosphere was amazing from the off and United started to apply the early pressure....

Out came the usual chants for Park, Anderson, Rooney and Viva Ronaldo (before and after peno), then the 'Champions of England, Champions of Europe' and 'U-N-I-T-E-D..' as per..

'Build a bonfire...' had an airing or two as well as 'He's just a fat Spanish Waiter' and the Torres tranny song. :D

Also heard a new one on the way into OT.

Viva daSilva,
Viva daSilva,
running down the bench,
cant tell which is which,
Viva daSilva.:second:

We were 1 up and the day was in full swing and going according to plan.

Then we all know what happened....:frown: capitulation of the highest order...so unexpected.

Ive been reading a fair few posts/threads on here and its been ridiculous tbh.
ok we were shit today, none of the players performed, even Vidic had a shocker which just goes to show it wasn't our day. No one is infallible. We were bound to have a bad day soon enough.
We werent great against Inter but we got through, and lets be honest, being in the quarter finals of the CL is more important then 3 points against Liverpool in a League that we will STILL win.

We are still on for the unprecedented quintuple. This victory will give Pool renewed hope but who the fook are we kidding? The Scousers wont win the league. They were never gonna win it. We are 4 points ahead with a game in hand. We are still top of the league, as zuco pointed out. It's all gravy folks, and we still havent hit 5th gear this season.

Leaving OT was a bit of a blur.....I dont quite remember my zombie walk out. Then,

Waiting in line for the train back to the city centre was a pretty grim scene. We were all numb, all shell shocked and in disbelief. The texts started to flow from all my Liverpool supporting mates back home, and there are LOTS of them. I felt angry and pissed off, but what goes around comes around. I sometimes take great pleasure in rubbing it in when there team inevitably fails....

But there wasnt much I could say in reply to those poxy texts.....they deserved their win, they were the better team, but they still wont win the league and they wont ruin my day.

I missed out on my usual post match ritual of buying a badge and heading to Sam Platt's for a few tins of wife beater.... we were too downtrodden and had some rugby to watch back in Waxy O'Reilly's.
Ireland beating Scotland and the many pints/whisky's that followed helped ease the pain of the day.
I got to get my singing voice back out and even got a good 'Ole ole ole ole' chant going at the final whistly. Was anyone else there?

We buzzed off the Manc's, the Irish, the Scot's all day and had a great 12 hour session. I dont regret for one second going over to support my team. I sang till my voice went hoarse and urged the team on,
but today wasnt gonna be United's day. Sometimes you just gotta hold your hands up. Liverpool did the double over us this season, just like City did last year, but what will they win?

Fukk all!

We could have wrapped up the league today but we didnt. We are United and we will do it the hard way. Keep the faith and enough with the depressing posts already. We are still on for potentially THE greatest season of all time and people are still bitching and moaning.:rolleyes:

As I finish writing this, Im actually pretty upbeat about all things United despite this horrific defeat. Worst defeat at home since QPR in 1992.......the game was ALL kinds of nasty, but still, lets not go overboard. 18 is on its way so lets enjoy the season as a whole.

So that was my day peeps. Apologies for the major ramble but I felt I had to say all that.
If you have read this far you deserve one of these> :quagmire:

(everytime I go to Manchester I get the Park song stuck in my head for days after lol, even had it going on the plane home) :cool:

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Firstly, thank you zuco for a great positive thread. Been reading a bit on here tonight and its been cringeworthy to say the least.

Anyway, Ill tell you all about my trip to Manchester so carry on reading if you are arsed hearing my story :p

Me and my best mate flew to Manchester on the Friday night. Had a few pints and a good wander around the city centre. I have to say I really like Manchester, despite a lot of people calling it a dump. :confused:

Woke up this Saturday morning in the Marriot hotel and had a cold shower (not by choice):rolleyes:
Had a coffee followed by a few whisky's to get us in the spirit of things. Watched a bit of soccer AM and off we went. Buzzing to bits we were, like it was Xmas when we were 6.

We were armed with our bottles of whisky and coke. Two 500 ml bottles of Coke could be bought for £1.20 in Tesco :eek: 10 massive chocolate cookies for £1.50. :eek: We were in heaven, we truly were.....This led us to the conclusion that we were getting raped back in Ireland. Shit is so cheap in the UK, its amazing!!!

It was our first United/Pool game at Old Trafford. The buzz around OT was immense, much more than I/we had experienced before. This was to be THE biggest game I would ever see live, and Ive seen a few over the years.

We sat beside Sharon as usual up in the North stand. We let her sit in a couple of seats so she can sit beside people she has gotten to know. Top lass who makes every home game and she goes on her own.

Atmosphere was amazing from the off and United started to apply the early pressure....

Out came the usual chants for Park, Anderson, Rooney and Viva Ronaldo (before and after peno), then the 'Champions of England, Champions of Europe' and 'U-N-I-T-E-D..' as per..

'Build a bonfire...' had an airing or two as well as 'He's just a fat Spanish Waiter' and the Torres tranny song. :D

Also heard a new one on the way into OT.

Viva daSilva,
Viva daSilva,
running down the bench,
cant tell which is which,
Viva daSilva.:second:

We were 1 up and the day was in full swing and going according to plan.

Then we all know what happened....:frown: capitulation of the highest order...so unexpected.

Ive been reading a fair few posts/threads on here and its been ridiculous tbh.
ok we were shit today, none of the players performed, even Vidic had a shocker which just goes to show it wasn't our day. No one is infallible. We were bound to have a bad day soon enough.
We werent great against Inter but we got through, and lets be honest, being in the quarter finals of the CL is more important then 3 points against Liverpool in a League that we will STILL win.

We are still on for the unprecedented quintuple. This victory will give Pool renewed hope but who the fook are we kidding? The Scousers wont win the league. They were never gonna win it. We are 4 points ahead with a game in hand. We are still top of the league, as zuco pointed out. It's all gravy folks, and we still havent hit 5th gear this season.

Leaving OT was a bit of a blur.....I dont quite remember my zombie walk out. Then,

Waiting in line for the train back to the city centre was a pretty grim scene. We were all numb, all shell shocked and in disbelief. The texts started to flow from all my Liverpool supporting mates back home, and there are LOTS of them. I felt angry and pissed off, but what goes around comes around. I sometimes take great pleasure in rubbing it in when there team inevitably fails....

But there wasnt much I could say in reply to those poxy texts.....they deserved their win, they were the better team, but they still wont win the league and they wont ruin my day.

I missed out on my usual post match ritual of buying a badge and heading to Sam Platt's for a few tins of wife beater.... we were too downtrodden and had some rugby to watch back in Waxy O'Reilly's.
Ireland beating Scotland and the many pints/whisky's that followed helped ease the pain of the day.
I got to get my singing voice back out and even got a good 'Ole ole ole ole' chant going at the final whistly. Was anyone else there?

We buzzed off the Manc's, the Irish, the Scot's all day and had a great 12 hour session. I dont regret for one second going over to support my team. I sang till my voice went hoarse and urged the team on,
but today wasnt gonna be United's day. Sometimes you just gotta hold your hands up. Liverpool did the double over us this season, just like City did last year, but what will they win?

Fukk all!

We could have wrapped up the league today but we didnt. We are United and we will do it the hard way. Keep the faith and enough with the depressing posts already. We are still on for potentially THE greatest season of all time and people are still bitching and moaning.:rolleyes:

As I finish writing this, Im actually pretty upbeat about all things United despite this horrific defeat. Worst defeat at home since QPR in 1992.......the game was ALL kinds of nasty, but still, lets not go overboard. 18 is on its way so lets enjoy the season as a whole.

So that was my day peeps. Apologies for the major ramble but I felt I had to say all that.
If you have read this far you deserve one of these> :quagmire:

(everytime I go to Manchester I get the Park song stuck in my head for days after lol, even had it going on the plane home) :cool:

Thanks for sharing that, J.

This loss will definitely evoke a response from the lads and i think it could be a while before we see the lads underperform like that.

Several players didn't turn up yesterday or made bad decisions. These things happen, but overall we're still top o the league by 4 points with a game in hand and an of us would have taken this scenario at the start of the season.

This was a timely reminder to our lads how much they have to be on their toes.

It sucks that it came against the bin dippers and we'll have to hear it from our mong friends, who support that under-achieving circus, but we have to take it on the chin and look forward to next two months.

I think we will be the happier fans come end of may.

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
I cannot really add anything to whats already been said.
Loosing 4-1 is a battering especially at united but i think more than anything it will be good for vidic and evra. Rio knows he is not at his great best yet but at his peak when he was not picking up niggles throughout a season he would have players like torres in his pocket whereas vidic was over confident today trying to be smart instead of being the usual vidic and just heading balls clear etc. Evra has had a stop start second half to the season too with all his bannings and then injury but i think the last week if anything was a major wake up call to him. Evra is amazing but again, dont matter how many clean sheets you've kept as a defence, when you play a rival, you still have to raise your game 10% no matter how good you've been playing.

Like its been said, we're still 4 points clear but the game at fulham wil be very big imo. Like said before, id like to see a very positive reaction but im a little worried that it might be tougher than previous games because we've given them a hammering a few times in succession so they may be pumped up and want to get united while we're down apparently.

However if we win and do it in style, it'll really be a kick in the teeth for our rivals and would be heartbreaking for them knowing that we dont suffer any negative side effects from such a defeat.

I hope this game just wakes up everyone to the realisation that this is the final strech now and while it will be tough, we have to be focused 110% every game!

Fact is salford makes a great point, if we win against fulham, we'll be 7 points clear and i think everybody would have taken that at the start of the season.

Hopefully this brings out a very very positive reaction for the rest of the season because even though we're top, a defeat against our rivals in such manner is terrible for 'bragging rights' and fergie is a fans manager. He will let his players know and they will know they have to respond!

Does anyone know how many games ban will vidic get? 2-3?

Anyway rio will have to step into his own now and the attackers will have to do more because no vidic to rely on for bonus goals for a few games.

Shocking result and very sloppy/poor performance but could in reality be a great wake up call for some of our players and also for the likes of anderson who need to get there spark back!

We still have plently of quality players and a great squad to win the league and more. Liverpool done one on us today but come the end of the season i hope its us laughing so much more!

pz! :cool:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Great write up Jazz, always great to real thoughts of the day from fans who went.
Can tell you had a top day, despite the result.

By the way...next time go to Aldi (corner of Market St), 2 bottles of 500ml Coke for £1. :rofl:

·
Bra-burning feminist
3,918 Posts
The league is still in our hands, plenty of work to be done but it would take a major bottling job from us not to win now.

We're top of the league, in the semi-finals of the FA Cup and quarter finals of the CL. Even though the loss was painful, where we are right now puts it into perspective.

·
Registered
293 Posts
come may when United will be parading 5 trophies on the top of a double decker bus, its good to know Liverpool will take solace in this win!

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
I cannot really add anything to whats already been said.
Loosing 4-1 is a battering especially at united but i think more than anything it will be good for vidic and evra. Rio knows he is not at his great best yet but at his peak when he was not picking up niggles throughout a season he would have players like torres in his pocket whereas vidic was over confident today trying to be smart instead of being the usual vidic and just heading balls clear etc. Evra has had a stop start second half to the season too with all his bannings and then injury but i think the last week if anything was a major wake up call to him. Evra is amazing but again, dont matter how many clean sheets you've kept as a defence, when you play a rival, you still have to raise your game 10% no matter how good you've been playing.

Like its been said, we're still 4 points clear but the game at fulham wil be very big imo. Like said before, id like to see a very positive reaction but im a little worried that it might be tougher than previous games because we've given them a hammering a few times in succession so they may be pumped up and want to get united while we're down apparently.

However if we win and do it in style, it'll really be a kick in the teeth for our rivals and would be heartbreaking for them knowing that we dont suffer any negative side effects from such a defeat.

I hope this game just wakes up everyone to the realisation that this is the final strech now and while it will be tough, we have to be focused 110% every game!

Fact is salford makes a great point, if we win against fulham, we'll be 7 points clear and i think everybody would have taken that at the start of the season.

Hopefully this brings out a very very positive reaction for the rest of the season because even though we're top, a defeat against our rivals in such manner is terrible for 'bragging rights' and fergie is a fans manager. He will let his players know and they will know they have to respond!

Does anyone know how many games ban will vidic get? 2-3?

Anyway rio will have to step into his own now and the attackers will have to do more because no vidic to rely on for bonus goals for a few games.

Shocking result and very sloppy/poor performance but could in reality be a great wake up call for some of our players and also for the likes of anderson who need to get there spark back!

We still have plently of quality players and a great squad to win the league and more. Liverpool done one on us today but come the end of the season i hope its us laughing so much more!

pz! :cool:

Fulham game will be yet another crucial game. win it and we're still comfortable, lose it and it's going to be a nail-biting end to the season.

The bit I highlighted in bold is 100% accurate. Vidic was over-confident yesterday and made a very bad decision not to hoof the ball away or head it to safety. It allowed Liverpool back into the game very quickly. Too soon.

Nevertheless, they scored 4 times and we only managed once from the penalty spot.

Hard to swallow...

21 - 40 of 56 Posts