Manchester United Talk banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
....things can only get better :whistling:

Shocking performance today, but we were due one at some point. It should act as a wake up call for the lads and inspire another unbeaten run. We've got a lot of important games coming up and hey need to regain focus if we're to secure number 18. I'm confident Fergie can give them the boot up the arse they deserve and I'm confident the players have it in them to see us over the finish line, they've done it for two seasons in a row after all.

I'm severely pissed off at today's performance and obviously the result, but we've still got a healthy advantage and I'm still confident the boys will get the job done.

let's hope all of these happen for the good of the team:(

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
Solskjaer once said that after a good run of wins, a defeat is something nearly vital so that you remember again how much it hurts.. & that is something i always kept in my mind. This defeat will have twice the effect any other defeat would av done on the players, and if i want to look at the positive side of it, i am grateful it happened against Liverpool, because as much as it hurts, it will have positive signs on the team.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
hopefully that is our shocker out the way for the season , i have a funny feeling we will get them in the champions league

·
Registered
109 Posts
Agreed, i think a game like this was due, haven't played particularly well for a couple of weeks now, this is a wee wake up call that was needed, just a shame it had to come from the dippers

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Firstly, thank you zuco for a great positive thread. Been reading a bit on here tonight and its been cringeworthy to say the least.

Anyway, Ill tell you all about my trip to Manchester so carry on reading if you are arsed hearing my story :p

Me and my best mate flew to Manchester on the Friday night. Had a few pints and a good wander around the city centre. I have to say I really like Manchester, despite a lot of people calling it a dump. :confused:

Woke up this Saturday morning in the Marriot hotel and had a cold shower (not by choice):rolleyes:
Had a coffee followed by a few whisky's to get us in the spirit of things. Watched a bit of soccer AM and off we went. Buzzing to bits we were, like it was Xmas when we were 6.

We were armed with our bottles of whisky and coke. Two 500 ml bottles of Coke could be bought for £1.20 in Tesco :eek: 10 massive chocolate cookies for £1.50. :eek: We were in heaven, we truly were.....This led us to the conclusion that we were getting raped back in Ireland. Shit is so cheap in the UK, its amazing!!!

It was our first United/Pool game at Old Trafford. The buzz around OT was immense, much more than I/we had experienced before. This was to be THE biggest game I would ever see live, and Ive seen a few over the years.

We sat beside Sharon as usual up in the North stand. We let her sit in a couple of seats so she can sit beside people she has gotten to know. Top lass who makes every home game and she goes on her own.

Atmosphere was amazing from the off and United started to apply the early pressure....

Out came the usual chants for Park, Anderson, Rooney and Viva Ronaldo (before and after peno), then the 'Champions of England, Champions of Europe' and 'U-N-I-T-E-D..' as per..

'Build a bonfire...' had an airing or two as well as 'He's just a fat Spanish Waiter' and the Torres tranny song. :D

Also heard a new one on the way into OT.

Viva daSilva,
Viva daSilva,
running down the bench,
cant tell which is which,
Viva daSilva.:second:

We were 1 up and the day was in full swing and going according to plan.

Then we all know what happened....:frown: capitulation of the highest order...so unexpected.

Ive been reading a fair few posts/threads on here and its been ridiculous tbh.
ok we were shit today, none of the players performed, even Vidic had a shocker which just goes to show it wasn't our day. No one is infallible. We were bound to have a bad day soon enough.
We werent great against Inter but we got through, and lets be honest, being in the quarter finals of the CL is more important then 3 points against Liverpool in a League that we will STILL win.

We are still on for the unprecedented quintuple. This victory will give Pool renewed hope but who the fook are we kidding? The Scousers wont win the league. They were never gonna win it. We are 4 points ahead with a game in hand. We are still top of the league, as zuco pointed out. It's all gravy folks, and we still havent hit 5th gear this season.

Leaving OT was a bit of a blur.....I dont quite remember my zombie walk out. Then,

Waiting in line for the train back to the city centre was a pretty grim scene. We were all numb, all shell shocked and in disbelief. The texts started to flow from all my Liverpool supporting mates back home, and there are LOTS of them. I felt angry and pissed off, but what goes around comes around. I sometimes take great pleasure in rubbing it in when there team inevitably fails....

But there wasnt much I could say in reply to those poxy texts.....they deserved their win, they were the better team, but they still wont win the league and they wont ruin my day.

I missed out on my usual post match ritual of buying a badge and heading to Sam Platt's for a few tins of wife beater.... we were too downtrodden and had some rugby to watch back in Waxy O'Reilly's.
Ireland beating Scotland and the many pints/whisky's that followed helped ease the pain of the day.
I got to get my singing voice back out and even got a good 'Ole ole ole ole' chant going at the final whistly. Was anyone else there?

We buzzed off the Manc's, the Irish, the Scot's all day and had a great 12 hour session. I dont regret for one second going over to support my team. I sang till my voice went hoarse and urged the team on,
but today wasnt gonna be United's day. Sometimes you just gotta hold your hands up. Liverpool did the double over us this season, just like City did last year, but what will they win?

Fukk all!

We could have wrapped up the league today but we didnt. We are United and we will do it the hard way. Keep the faith and enough with the depressing posts already. We are still on for potentially THE greatest season of all time and people are still bitching and moaning.:rolleyes:

As I finish writing this, Im actually pretty upbeat about all things United despite this horrific defeat. Worst defeat at home since QPR in 1992.......the game was ALL kinds of nasty, but still, lets not go overboard. 18 is on its way so lets enjoy the season as a whole.

So that was my day peeps. Apologies for the major ramble but I felt I had to say all that.
If you have read this far you deserve one of these> :quagmire:

(everytime I go to Manchester I get the Park song stuck in my head for days after lol, even had it going on the plane home) :cool:
good read that, cheers.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
"things can only get better"

You're making it out like we are having a bad time of it or something. Bloody hell.

1. Champions of England
2. Champions of Europe
3. Champions of the World
4. Top of the League
5. 4 points clear
6. Game in hand
7. Carling Cup winners
8. European Cup quarter-finalists
9. FA Cup Semi-finalists
10. We are Manchester United

G

·
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
"things can only get better"

You're making it out like we are having a bad time of it or something. Bloody hell.
I was trying to inject some positivity into the forum after all the doom and gloom yesterday.

Sorry about that Ste :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Lets be honest, 4-1 was a freak result and wont happen again for a long time, I mean how many times will we see a vidic blunder, penalty award at OT, red card, super free kick etc all in one game again??

I remember a 5-1 defeat by man city, 6-3 defeat by southampton, 5-0 by newcastle etc.. and we still won the league..

Dont get me wrong I was as upset by the 4-1 defeat as anyone, but im realistic enough to know these things happen and we will bounce back..

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
We are just one of those teams that you see now and then
We often score six but we seldom score ten
We beat them at home and we beat them away
We'll kill any ******** that get in our way
We are the pride of all Europe
The **** of the north
We hate the Scousers
The Cockneys of course (and Leeds)
We are United without any doubt