Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering who you think the players were that got away from us and went on to better things away from united, they can be either players we had on trial, loan were in the reserves or played a few games but never really made it yet went onto better things elsewhere.

my personal pick would be peter beardsley who we had on trail ( from canada!)early 80's and who made an appearance in the milk cup yet who we didnt think was value for money so let go. he went onto become one of the greatest players of his generation any other beat that or players who generally did better elsewhere?

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Peter Beardsley play for United and he was a excellent player for Liverpool ,Everton and Newcastle .

Another that will suprise a few was David Platt played for United aswell.

One we wont mention was Shaun Gouter !!

AHHH!!!

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
red dave said:
Peter Beardsley play for United and he was a excellent player for Liverpool ,Everton and Newcastle .

Another that will suprise a few was David Platt played for United aswell.

One we wont mention was Shaun Gouter !!

AHHH!!!
loved platty.....amazing player totally underrated by some

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
VaVaVoom said:
Gazza, Essien. **** Shearer!!!
would loved to have shearer here........wonder if he ever regrets not getting the chance to wear red.....toon legend but where the **** are all his medals then

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
scottsati said:
would loved to have shearer here........wonder if he ever regrets not getting the chance to wear red.....toon legend but where the **** are all his medals then

Of course he does it must eat away at him everyday !!

But if we signed shearer we may not of got Cantona and we may not of won all we did!

Add to that it looked like Newcastle were going places when his second chance to come went bye!

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Fernando Torres. Imagine him and Rooney up frront. Unstoppable.
And definitely Ronaldinho, but then we might not have signed Ronaldo so...

·
Davey baby chips 'n' gravy
4,055 Posts
Ronaldihno! I think he would of slotted in perfectly. Alan Shearer would of been immence up front. Shearer says he doesn't regret going to Newcastle.........Course you F*cking do, muppet, all them goals and what have you got to show????? F*ck All.

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts
red dave said:
Of course he does it must eat away at him everyday !!

But if we signed shearer we may not of got Cantona and we may not of won all we did!

Add to that it looked like Newcastle were going places when his second chance to come went bye!
Shearer was linked after Cantona was signed

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
NoxiousD said:
Shearer was linked after Cantona was signed
utd tried to sign shearer firstly from southampton which was before cantona and then from blackburn and he stupidly turned utd down twice :confused:

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
i think this was supposed to be about players who we HAD ans that we let go.. Rossi is prob the stand out 1... Pique possibly also, Beckham and V Nistelrooy have done well since leaving us would have liked to have kept thm for ever!

Not really many of the young players that have left have achieved anything more than being part of mediocre teams but have done well for themselves none the less! Apparently Bellion is a big deal this year in france, ha!!

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
I'm not a mind-reader, but I'm pretty sure the ones that Fergie himself most regrets not signing are Shearer, Larsson and, yes here it is, Steven Gerrard.

Shearer; I would've loved him here. My first football shirt was a number 9 England shirt. I didn't know any better, he was just my favourite!

Larsson, well we got him in the end, but he was past his prime, I would've loved to see him here earlier. Fergie has said this before.

Obviously the latter would've been impossible, but I've seen an article with Fergie saying Gerrard was the closest thing he could have ever found to Roy Keane.

Other personal ones for me are Essien and Mikel.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
What about Henning Berg? He was always pretty solid from what I could tell before Stam stepped over. Could've easily been around a bit longer than the 2-3 seasons he lasted for us I think

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
TheManc said:
Henrik Larrsson is another one.

As was Robben. Him and Ronaldo on he wings would be awesome.

I bet our trainers are glad he never made it here though. They have to be in top shape running onto the pitch that many times for Robben. ;)

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
TheManc said:
Henrik Larrsson is another one.

As was Robben. Him and Ronaldo on he wings would be awesome.
Yep - when robben first went to chelski, he was scary good...

Would have been interesting to see larsson at united in his prime.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts