Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
We have a really tough start, all of our bogey teams like Pompey, Blackburn, M'Boro ect. Plus we have Liverpool away, followed by a CL match, followed by Chelsea away.

A bloke on MUTV said that our first 9 away games are the 'top 9' of last season aswell.

The positive thing is that if we're within touching distance by XMAS then we have a great chance and it will help us in the CL as we have a decent run in.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
jd_united said:
The thing that worries me is the lack of width in our team at the moment. Obviously we have no Ronaldo through injury for a while, as well as Park and with Nani suspended for the first two games of the season.

That leaves us with only one recognised winger out of our four originally, Ryan Giggs, who has been used sparingly on the wings recently but more as a second striker.

Fletcher could come in and do a job on the right, but he's not a winger that is going to fly past men and whip in dangerous balls.

A tactic SAF may decide to use is to play Mikael Silvestre at LB, and move Evra up to LM as he did in last years Community Shield and a few early league games until Silvestre's injury. We all know how good Evra is going forward and he could definatly in my opinion do a job for us on the left wing.
Yeh I agree with that, although last season Nani was the player who offered us the mostwidth IMO, Ronaldo floated about everywhere.

I really don't want Fletcher to play on the wing though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.