Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Manchester United stalwart John O'Shea has confirmed he will not be leaving Old Trafford this summer.

It had been thought the Republic of Ireland ace could call time on his Red Devils tenure in order to secure regular first-team football elsewhere.

However, after considering his Old Trafford future, O'Shea has confirmed he will not be leaving despite the size and strength of Sir Alex Ferguson's double-winning squad.

When asked if he was considering leaving United, O'Shea replied: "That is crossing my mind a lot of the time, but then I think 'where do you go when you leave a team like that?'

"That's an even bigger question. For the time being, I will stay where I am.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3615875,00.html
 

·
Least popular Moderator
Joined
·
24,837 Posts
although i like o'shea, i think he should go, he is clearly the least talented of all out players and he is blocking the likes of Evans, Pique(did anyway), and soon the likes of Fabio and Rafael.

he needs to be playing every week at a fulham or somewhere like that,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
O'Shea has been a good backup for us and his versatility means that he can cover various positions in midfield and defence. While I understand TheManc's point of view, having an experienced player like O'Shea benefits us when someone gets injured.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
675 Posts
experienced player that can play in pretty much any position. like i said in previous threads, he's our utility man. if a player gets injured, i'm more then happy o'shea can fill that post for the rest of the game.
 

·
Least popular Moderator
Joined
·
24,837 Posts
Forever_United said:
experienced player that can play in pretty much any position. like i said in previous threads, he's our utility man. if a player gets injured, i'm more then happy o'shea can fill that post for the rest of the game.
He still blocks the development of the younger players though.
consider this, if we had O'Shea and Evans on the bench, and Rio got injured, who would come on for him? - O'Shea, which prevents Evans from getting any playing time to gain experience.

Pique suffered from it this season aswell.

also, consider we have a midfield crisis, now I would like Rodrigo to be given a shot as i think he could be a very good player, similar to carrick, but instead of him being given a chance, O'Shea would, despite the fact that he wouldn't even get into a bottom 3 team in the CM postion.

I like O'Shea the person, and he has been a good servant to us, but I just think that for the benefit of our younger players he needs to move on to get regular games which he deserves.
 

·
Least popular Moderator
Joined
·
24,837 Posts
stretty said:
how can you let pique go and keep o shea , very baffling fergie
because Pique wanted to go.

Its ironic that our best 2 youth players, pique and rossi, both left before they could make an impact on the frst team.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,242 Posts
TheManc said:
because Pique wanted to go.

Its ironic that our best 2 youth players, pique and rossi, both left before they could make an impact on the frst team.
ironic maybe , baffling yes .
last season (sorry the season before now) we had no options on the bench at all , nobody could on and make an impact , rossi was available for selection but featured very little in the squad , no wonder he got cheesed off and left.
pique is going to be top quality , it was time to either put him in or ship him out .
i personally hope danny wellbeck doesnt suffer the same fate
 

·
Least popular Moderator
Joined
·
24,837 Posts
stretty said:
ironic maybe , baffling yes .
last season (sorry the season before now) we had no options on the bench at all , nobody could on and make an impact , rossi was available for selection but featured very little in the squad , no wonder he got cheesed off and left.
pique is going to be top quality , it was time to either put him in or ship him out .
i personally hope danny wellbeck doesnt suffer the same fate
I doubt wellbeck will as he is a local lad, they are much more loyal.
 

·
Proto-Hipster
Joined
·
46,959 Posts
i respect oshea true red true loyal player
he is better than brown but brown takes his place
and oshea dont play regularly (even as a sub) but he wants to stay at OT cuz he is loyal
even most top clubs are dying for his signature :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
abojodeh said:
i respect oshea true red true loyal player
he is better than brown but brown takes his place
and oshea dont play regularly (even as a sub) but he wants to stay at OT cuz he is loyal
even most top clubs are dying for his signature :)

I like Sheasy too but there is NO way he is better than Wes Brown. For his own career, I think he needs to consider a move soon. He is in the comfort zone at the moment.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,242 Posts
abojodeh said:
i respect oshea true red true loyal player
he is better than brown but brown takes his place
and oshea dont play regularly (even as a sub) but he wants to stay at OT cuz he is loyal
even most top clubs are dying for his signature :)
that is a ridiculous statement o shea is not fit to lace wes browns boots , i would put wes up there with all our top performers this season , because of him we never missed neville
 

·
Proto-Hipster
Joined
·
46,959 Posts
stretty said:
that is a ridiculous statement o shea is not fit to lace wes browns boots , i would put wes up there with all our top performers this season , because of him we never missed neville
what do you compare brown with oshea
mate look at oshea performances they all perfect
watch unied newcastle 6-0 oshea was a god
oshea simply better than brown
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top