Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes im not at the game,i have 2 shit jobs and can barley afford to run the car so paying silly prices for tickets is not first on my agenda.I dont have to prove my loyalty to the club in the support I give and im not knocking those that go from on here as I know you have as much passion and more than us who cant make it.But this isnt the point.This game has once again shown the true lack of vocal support during the home games.Our away fans are absolutley fantastic and i give every credit to all the fans that travel for hours week in week out,even those that go to home games.But WHY THE **** IS THE CROWD SO SHIT!!!The first couple of mins there was the odd song but that lasted till Porto scored.There was a quick cry of UNITED,UNITEDright after the goal,but then what??

Im hoping some lads who are at the game now can give their view on the evening as the TV is obviously not the best to go off.....

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
saw a guy in the first half stand up and start clapping above his head chanting 'UNITED'. Camera was on his section for a good 30-40 seconds. Eventually after bout 30 secs he sat down with no-one around him joining in.

My credit has been totally crunched otherwise i would be getting tickets galore but i know when i do go, i sing,chant and feel my efforts help combine with others and feed it onto the pitch and through the players veins.

The majority of current crop of fans are just been over-indulged with success and just expect it to come from the players and they can sit and drink in the success. Watch the Liverpool atmosphere tomorrow. Its the only thing i am jealous of that stinking club!!!!

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Keep the game discusion to the matchday thread otherwise this could turn very quickly to a duplicate.This is for views and opinions on the atmosphere

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
I knew 100% the atmosphere would be Shit tonight. The fact that we were playing Porto tonight didn't help matters. They aren't a glamorous side and yes that sadly makes a difference to the atmosphere. It is the one and only aspect of being a UTD fan that annoys me- these part-time fans.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Yeah I was a bit dissapointed about the atmosphere tonight aswell..
I thought the place would be hopping and the crowd buzzing after the weekends excitement, but in the end it was a quiet crowd.. Just compare it to Anfield tomorrow night, the atmosphere there will be top quality, as much as I hate those scouse [email protected] they do get behind the team and create some noise levels..!

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
I thought the place would be hopping and the crowd buzzing after the weekends excitement, but in the end it was a quiet crowd.. Just compare it to Anfield tomorrow night, the atmosphere there will be top quality, as much as I hate those scouse [email protected] they do get behind the team and create some noise levels..!
Liverpool are against a big frival though

I was disgusted at the fans laughing together after we lost the 2nd goal.

·
Banned
1,280 Posts
Yes im not at the game,i have 2 shit jobs and can barley afford to run the car so paying silly prices for tickets is not first on my agenda.I dont have to prove my loyalty to the club in the support I give and im not knocking those that go from on here as I know you have as much passion and more than us who cant make it.But this isnt the point.This game has once again shown the true lack of vocal support during the home games.Our away fans are absolutley fantastic and i give every credit to all the fans that travel for hours week in week out,even those that go to home games.But WHY THE **** IS THE CROWD SO SHIT!!!The first couple of mins there was the odd song but that lasted till Porto scored.There was a quick cry of UNITED,UNITEDright after the goal,but then what??

Im hoping some lads who are at the game now can give their view on the evening as the TV is obviously not the best to go off.....
Only the stretford enders sing there hearts out for the lads, was last time i use to support the club home & away

·
Davey baby chips 'n' gravy
4,055 Posts
It's times like these when OT really needs to get behind Utd. Unfortunately, half of the c*nts don't f*cking care, instead the they sit and complain. I wish I was there tonight.

Old Trafford is showing it's true colours lately and they ain't pretty.

·
I'm so gorgeous they want to arrest me
8,772 Posts
The fans were shit and the stadium emptied quickly and early. Porto fans were all I could hear. It is a complete embarassment. And as TM said those ***** laughing after Portos goal didnt give a **** what the score was

·
Davey baby chips 'n' gravy
4,055 Posts
Maybe if we win nothing for the next few seasons, half of the rubbish will clear out of Old Trafford, then again, they will only come crawling back, when Utd start winning trophies again.

G

·
Liverpool fans are over rated. Most league games you can hear the players on the pitch talking to eachother it's that quiet. They do get noisy for the big European games, but so do we usually, but Porto aren't considered a 'big' team. You can guarantee that if we were playing Barca/Milan/Liverpool/Chelsea etc the stadium would have been bouncing.

1 - 20 of 136 Posts