Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tittle really says it all

i dunno if it was just me or not but watching todays game i just thought the pitch looked a total state

no doubt it will get relayed some time soon but perhaps it slightly effect some of our passing play today

or was that just me seeing things?

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
andersons_left_foot said:
glad im not the only one who thought that

dont they play rugby on it some times also?

Only the Super League final....once a year, and I could be wrong, but Wembley is
gonna be hosting it from now on. Might be wrong on that.

But even that, if a rugby game is, it should still be top quality...

Look at the JJB...the KC (I think Rugby is played there:eek:)

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Keano! said:
Only the Super League final....once a year, and I could be wrong, but Wembley is
gonna be hosting it from now on. Might be wrong on that.

But even that, if a rugby game is, it should still be top quality...

Look at the JJB...the KC (I think Rugby is played there:eek:)

true true perhaps its lazy grounds men haha i dunno

im not complaining like i just think its something that could effect play but im sure its better than it would of been like 20 years ago lol

·
Member of the Year 2012 & 2013
43,914 Posts
I agree, i thought the pitch looked a bit rubbish too, i think it may have affected our passing but we watered it anyway, i thought that woud be bad for the surface

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
How long does it normally take to relay the pitch? Our next home game is on the 18th Feb....would that be enuff time?

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
andersons_left_foot said:
true true perhaps its lazy grounds men haha i dunno

im not complaining like i just think its something that could effect play but im sure its better than it would of been like 20 years ago lol

this happens every year its because the stands are so high it stops the sunlight and wind from drying and airing the grass.
you would think with todays technology that they would have wind machines and lights that would keep the surface pristine but utd does not seem to have any ,i would rather spend 30 million on getting the pitch sorted out once and for all than waste the money on a player because the pitch looks terrible every year in the title run in.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
We've always had a bad pitch ever since we changed it around 7 years ago.

I dont know if anyone remembers but we imported grass around seven years ago and it lasted around 4 months ever since its been terrible.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
NateR said:
How long does it normally take to relay the pitch? Our next home game is on the 18th Feb....would that be enuff time?

I wouldn't do it yet....do it in the Summer, immediately after the last home game, dig it up and get a proper turf down.

Wish we had a sod like the Emirates or Villa Park! :(

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Keano! said:
I wouldn't do it yet....do it in the Summer, immediately after the last home game, dig it up and get a proper turf down.

Wish we had a sod like the Emirates or Villa Park! :(

We will never have a pitch like them because the shape of our stadium the turf gets a lack of sun light because of the tall stands.

If it was possible I think the club should invest in a pitch that can be taken out of the stadium like cardiffs .

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
red dave said:
We will never have a pitch like them because the shape of our stadium the turf gets a lack of sun light because of the tall stands.

If it was possible I think the club should invest in a pitch that can be taken out of the stadium like cardiffs .

I do know that... :rolleyes: :p

Imagine that...

United take their pitch out for a tan...:p lol

Its in horrible condition now...they also put an incredible amount of water on it for a city that sees enough rain!

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,076 Posts
Good im glad its like that,we've put up with it already so its a downside for other teams.Get ready for Jose moanalldaylong to complain about it leading it up to the 2nd leg.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
they laid a plastic membrane down years back under turf which was supposed to sort this.

we get more rain than london and london soil drains to clay .

it looks like a cabbage patch though still .

i remember the pitches in seventies and eighties being far far worse though - always remember a match of the day at the baseball ground where they came out with pot of white to paint pen spot during game !!

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
it cant be easy to play on it when its like that i play on better pitches week in week out tbh! they really need to sort it out over the summer

·
Registered
469 Posts
It might also be because the stands are so high on 3 sides that the grass isn't getting enough light to grow. Might be that as much as the rain.

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
well i think they have the technology, anybody who watches mutv on weeknights can usually see the lights all over the pitch drying it. we havent got a home game for two and a half weeks, but i don't think that is long enough. i think it needs a bit more than that to bed in, but not certain

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Well, it is a bad pitch. Every season it starts off being in fantastic condition, then it goes downhill.

I think they should look at ways to improve it though, and considering the amount of games we play on it it should be in a better condition.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts