Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
red dave said:
We will never have a pitch like them because the shape of our stadium the turf gets a lack of sun light because of the tall stands.

If it was possible I think the club should invest in a pitch that can be taken out of the stadium like cardiffs .
whoa! cardiff's pitch can be taken out of the stadium? haha thats cool. we should get a pitch like that.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
apoorv421 said:
whoa! cardiff's pitch can be taken out of the stadium? haha thats cool. we should get a pitch like that.

the pitch in the millenium stadium is on pallets that clip together ,the pallets actually sit on a tarmac surface.
if you look closely at the pitch when wales play rugby on it you can see the joins in the turf and it cuts up an awful lot so that ain't a solution to old traffords problem either.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
in the premiership it's no problem for us. Maybe in the Champions League it will make inter lower they're standard:p. it would be nice though to see an improovement in the future. But look at how many games we've played, in a way its understandeble

·
Registered
14 Posts
Was better than the game against Derby yesterday but still a bit of a mess so hopefully this little spell without a game will let it get right again...

·
Registered
469 Posts
Do you know those gro-lux lights (spelling?) that emit a blue light and are use to make plants grow? I've often wondered why clubs don't get a batch of them and suspend them over grassless parts of the pitch to encourage the grass to grow in the winter months.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
they dont relay the pitch any more they haven't relayed it for years...

It always gets like that this time of year, the grass hasnt been getting enough sunlight since the quadrents went up, just have to put up with it!!

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
tony smyth said:
Do you know those gro-lux lights (spelling?) that emit a blue light and are use to make plants grow? I've often wondered why clubs don't get a batch of them and suspend them over grassless parts of the pitch to encourage the grass to grow in the winter months.
all Premiership clubs have those!

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
red dave said:
We will never have a pitch like them because the shape of our stadium the turf gets a lack of sun light because of the tall stands.

If it was possible I think the club should invest in a pitch that can be taken out of the stadium like cardiffs .
one of the NFL teams has a pitch thats on wheels, when there's no game on it goes out to the carpark for sunlight and weathering, then it goes back in for the games... its an indoor dome... atlanta possibly!

·
Member of the Year 2012 & 2013
43,914 Posts
eoininho said:
one of the NFL teams has a pitch thats on wheels, when there's no game on it goes out to the carpark for sunlight and weathering, then it goes back in for the games... its an indoor dome... atlanta possibly!
Well that sounds pretty impressive, but we wouldn't be able to do anything like that till the end of the summer as I imagine it would take a long time to setup.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.