Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
It is the strongest squad we have ever had in our history ,years ago we would have been near the bottom of the table by now with the injuries we have had to our midfield , but we are just about coping and staying in touch with the leaders.
When all are fully fit it will be an embarrasment of riches for fergie to choose from

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
martinutd said:
Maybe if evra is injured. Than o'shea will cover for him, but i think o'shea is not all that quality compared with evra.
Remember we have got fabio de silva as well , if he is anything like his brother we should be okay

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
i think our biggest weakness is the lack of a real strong captain in the keano and robson mould, when the chips are down we have not really got a dominating force to drive us on and tell other players off.
this has been noticable in the second halfs against liverpool and everton , we have been lacking a player leading by example

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Id agree, although I think Rio does offer us great leadership from the back.
You mentioned Keano and Robbo, who were the best captains of their generation,
and thats where I think we are now lacking a bit-in central midfield.
Hopefully someone like Hargo can offer us that if and when he plays for us.
hey jazz dont hold your breath waiting for hargreaves , he is a crock

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
i personally believe we have only seen 50% of his potential mainly because we have not seen him full fit yet.
i am just praying he doesnt turn into another saha , his type of player is what is missing from our team at the moment , i just get very dissapointed when we pay big money for a player and he doesnt stay fit enough to play,i was expecting big things from him and he has left me totally flat

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Its got be the midfield , we are missing scholesy and hargreaves.
I would like to see wellbeck and manucho on the bench so when things are not going well , change both strikers and give their defence something else to worry about

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
ralphmilne said:
Sorry but I have to get this off my chest

Carrick is the most overrated player at United.
Sit in front of a back 4 - take the easy passes - pass it on to creative players like Ronaldo & Scholes - occasionally (but not very often) win a tackle - have all your "killer" through balls intercepted - never score - and get as excited as Anderson when in sight of the opposition box.

Fair enough there will never be another Keane and I wouldn´t expect it of him - but I would expect him to occasionally contribute in the same way as other top midfielders in the EPL do - Barry, Lampard, Gerard, Fabreagas. Fletcher and Hargreaves are streets ahead of him and he looks completely out of his depth beside Scholes - SAFs big mistake was playing Fletcher in the Celtic match so that he wasn´t fit for Arsenal - left with 2 midfielders who **** themselves when asked to take a shot or show some touch where it matters.

It´s no wonder Capello has him down the list - lots of style - very little substance - missed a sitter today again and it took an 18 year old brazilian to show the attitude you need when you are 2-0 down.
Rightyo I need to lie down after watching that ****in game.
Welcome to the forum mate .
I have got to say i cannot believe people are slagging carrick off again , he has been improving steadily for us since he signed , as for england i hope he continues to be overlooked and saves himself for united.
I hope your future posts are better than your user name ralphy was one of the worst players we had , i think the doc said if you pay peanuts you get monkeys about milne

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
cleavers11 said:
I agree with the CM needing that 'authority' stamp so it holds strong and pushes play forward. Scholes does a fantastic job CM, one great example is against Barca, last years CL semi-final.
The squad itself is strong. One thing i think would be rendered a weakness, like someone said before, is complacency with clubs such as Hull, West Brom and the like....mentality seems to come into play. Teams like this go in with high confidence and meet United head on, which brings upsets like 4-3 Hull last week....so I think it's mentality above all. More focus and players being 100% in a game (Berbatov seems to drift in and out when he pleases), because the game against Celtic on wednesday there was great, our only problem was we just couldn't put the ball in the back of the net. Great playing, driving the opposition backwards, but no result at the end.

Like seasons past, United have gotten off to a bumpy/bad(ish) start, but seem to blast from nowhere and knock everyone to the floor. This year will be much more difficult with pressure to hold on to titles and also travelling to Japan in January.

Saying this, I know were going to win the title this year :)
Come on you reds!!!!!

Love your optimism mate and i hope you are right , cannot see it myself

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.