Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heard off a mate that Identical have 40% lighter bone structures than normal people...

Petr Cech you may or may not know is an identical twin and they believe this is why he has had his problems!

I've noticed that Rafael (and the one appearance of Fabio) can rarely finish a game, any sort of crunching tackle and he hobbles off with a knock... now he has a fracture... and Fabio had problems with his shoulder...

i'm worried we wont get to see the best of these guys!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
interesting points. hopefully it wont be a case of em beinn injury prone and just being bad luck. be great to have them both start and scare the sh1t out of opposing teams with their attacking runs

·
GET YOUR HEAD OUT THE PUSSY CLOUDS & IN THE GAME
2,659 Posts
Hmm very interesting about the bone structures.
Hopefuly its down to there young age and there stick like figures...hopefully UTD will beef them up a bit over pre-season and. Im sure our physios would have looked into this also

·
Registered
773 Posts
training in ManUtd isn't like Brazil & playing games in England are not like in Brazil, so not surprise in the early stage...Yeah, surely ManUtd staff will do something to solve this prob...

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
I have noticed they're getting injured a lot it is a bit of a concern tbh, we'll have to see how this one develops, we'll have to be careful because they could do damage now that will mean they always gets injuries throughout their career (michael owen-esc)

·
23,699 Posts
I remember Ronaldo was not so stout when he first came. There is hope with proper training and methodology on physical aspects.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Euuuwww you guys are harsh..Saha has got nothing to do with this.:(

I think its unfortunate for them to get this many injury at their young age but this is also because of the way they run as we can see, both fabio and Rafael are fast players who like to go forward especially rafael. The theory about identical having 40% lighter bone might be true but i dont think that was the major part of the reason they getting injured thou. I think with time, when they started to build on their fitness and their built, hopefully we see lesser of these injuries.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I shall confirm what Stephen said - a load of Bollocks!

I am an identical twin and have never heard of anything like that. They are both young and have a lot of training to do to build up. Your bone density never fully reaches its peak until 21-24 years old.

To the OP - I think it is just a matter of growing up.

One day whern Michael Owen reaches 5 foot, his injurys may stop too :D

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Interesting i never knew that about twins, i don't think they'll be injury prone. Once they get 100% used to the english game they'll be fine they are young and i suppose there bones aren't at there strongest yet. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts