Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MUTV currently running every goal Wayne has scored for us and I cannot believe the amazing skills this kid has.

Chips to perfection, smashes like a cannoball, crosses, tackles, perfect timing, send keepers the wrong way, or simply too fast for them to stop.

Ronaldo & Rooney - a partnership made in heaven!!

When Wayne scores you think oooh, speciallllllll! but when you see them all together - gob smacking is all I can think of.

So what if he does not score? His skills in team work and covering, tackling and overall off ball play is astounding.

·
Registered
15 Posts
He's too special. When he does great things, they are beter than what Ronaldo comes up with. Just that at the mo, Ronaldo does it more consistently.

The only thing Wazza needs to improve on is his heading technique, which is pretty bad. (that and his ranting & swearing)

Everything else is exceptional. He's one player we dont have to worry about him going to Real Madrid, thank god.

Rooney is a gem, he brings us so much joy
Ya boo suks to those who called him "burger loving boy"
He's the only stocky scouse who can really rock the house
He's got the skill, the brilliance and the goalscoring nous.

When Saturday arrives, U can see it in his eyes, our club is in his heart and we know that aint no lie.
You can keep your El Ninho, your Drogba and the like, Rooney is our warrior, the cheeky little tyke.

Whenever I cannot watch, I hope that its his name that I see, popping up as a scorer on my telephone screen. His Mum dont want him to move, cos what good would that do? I hope he's ours forever and we'll never ever lose.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
he is my idol, and mostly not because the goals his scored..his teamwork, his willingness to share, his vision, his creativity, his movement, his special charisma...i cant list enough
his is one special talent, and fergie is the best manager for him...

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Ryan Carlos Roonaldo Esq said:
The only thing Wazza needs to improve on is his heading technique, which is pretty bad
That never seemed to be a problem for Thierry Henry ;)

I remember Rooney scoring a diving header against Arsenal last season but you're right, it is a weakness in his game.

I'll let him have that one though since his workrate, passing, vision, creativity, strength, long-range shots, technical ability, chipping, ball control etc are all top class :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
reddwarf said:
That never seemed to be a problem for Thierry Henry ;)

I remember Rooney scoring a diving header against Arsenal last season but you're right, it is a weakness in his game.

I'll let him have that one though since his workrate, passing, vision, creativity, strength, long-range shots, technical ability, chipping, ball control etc are all top class :D
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, I think we can probably just about forgive him for it, although, with a neck like his, he should have a pretty powerful header.
Everything else just overshadows any weaknesses in his game.

Man, we are so spoiled at the mo, just got too many exceptionally talented players.
Funny how you think your squad is good enough and then when you sign players like him, you wonder how the hell you managed without them. United would be much much poorer without him.

Just need to reverse the ageing process for Giggs, Lil Ging & Red Nev now, then we'll be sorted for another decade.

VDS can get old though, as we have Fosters Export between the posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
world class player and deserves all the credit he is getting.......hes fast and has a lot of skill and only has to improves his goal scoring and he will be the best in the world...he is close to it now.....he just has to go that extra mile.....but he iwll be one in the future IMO.....so best of luck to wayne....

·
Registered
177 Posts
He's a great performer..great all-round player..but unluckily for us his finishing is not as good as his other skills..otherwise we could have a far greater goal difference this season..but still, his contributions that led to so many goals this season overshadows it..brilliant, world-class, and most importantly, he's a devil 4 life!!

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
nigelchin said:
lol. rooney? 2 words to describe him. world class. in everything.
World-class in everything?? Nah, I wouldn't put it in this way as he really needs to work on his heading ability.

But anyway, his overall play that he contributes to the team is simply enough to forgive him for that. He possessed everything that a top-class striker like him requires. Such as a powerful physique, explosive bursts of thunderous pace, superb technique, great ability, clinical finishing, sheer determination & most importantly is that he gives 100% in every of the game that he plays in, regardless of the of the team. When all channelled together, the pure magic is born - Wayne Rooney! ;)

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Not World class but not far off it. Give the lad a couple more years.
Rooney is the heartbeat of our team and even though I think he can do much
better at times, Im glad he plays for us rather than against us, cos he is
a beast of a boy who helps United tick along beautifully.
God bless Wazza.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
He is fantastic he may not score them but when he does there amazing, you rarely get a bad preformance out of rooney and you cant say that about all big players.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts