Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
I agree that carrick is a player who has very good vision but his best passes come usually when he hits them out wide to wingers, its not often he will get in the perfect through ball through the middle like some players out there but thats my opinion and alot of people would disagree because he is playing very well right now. I still think he needs a top midfielder with him to perform though because its not in his game or personality to offer drive and thats how you link the midfield and attackers.

Speaking of the topic and out weaknesses, i dont think there are many at all if im honest. Yes we do not have the greatest replacement if Evra is not playing at left back but in JOS we have a guy who knows the club and culture well so i have no problem with him playing there when evra is not playing. Also the emergence of fabio possibly may mean we do not really need to purchase another left back.

I think we're more than sound in EVERY position right now. Ofcourse we could improve but every team can if you could buy any player in the world but thats the type of purchases now that can improve us.

Right now in my opinion we're going through a golden little patch we're our once 'wonderkids' like ronaldo and rooney are now fulltime players and other players like carrick/vidic/evra/rio are all at their peaks and then we also have the experience of the ones like giggs and scholes who have done it all before! :cool:

Only weakness i would say this year in comparison to last year and possibly even then was we are slightly tacticallt niave at times. Again people could disagree with this considering we have hardly conceeded a goal in recent times but i think we were more efficient going forward last year and created more clear cut chances due to better runs by the likes of ronaldo etc whereas this year he is more of a conventional winger. Last year he would roam around anywhere and make runs through the middle and i think we're a better attacking force for it.

But overall, not MANY weaknesses imo, but like some of the stuff people have mentioned, there is always room for improvement...or atleast you have to tell yourself that or why play?

pz!

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
I don't understand why we have to loose matches! I think we're doing great as it is and if we continue the rest of the season winning every game 1-0 i have no problem with that!

I dont think we can really be critical of our team right now or expect/want major change because we have got ourselves back to the number 1 spot in the league BUT just look at potential ways of improving in attack really at the moment.

Time will tell now, all the big matches are coming up and the game at inter will tell us alot! :cool:

pz!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts