Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been coming for a while but refs are finally getting to grips with red carding well over the top tackles .

Terry recently sent off for a tackle which was as near waist height . But he has got away with some amazingly bad tackles of late if anyone watched the Chelsea Vs Arsenal match there was a two footed tackle which he got away with .

Add to Terry the Arca tackle the other week and the lad patteson on Vidic on sunday night refs are showing players that these tackles arnt part of the game .

If you hit someones shins with the heal of your boot your asking for trouble add to that if the players standing leg is solid to the ground it could end in a broken leg. These is serious dangerous play .

Whats your view on the tackles of late ?

And which players are known for these sicking challenges ?

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
I think Pogatez on Possebon should have been a lengthy ban,Terrys was reckless/possibly career ending.Yestersdays was a bad tackle on Vida and i think again the ref got it spot on.I think there needs to be a review,as a red card could be for numerous things and u get a ban,but if u get a red card for a potentially career ending tackle the ban should be longer.This applies to anyone and im in no way being biased to United,if one of our lot does something stupid they should suffer the consequences.Its like how can taking down the striker down when your the last man serve the same sentence as attempting to snap someones leg off!

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rooneys_Temper said:
I think Pogatez on Possebon should have been a lengthy ban,Terrys was reckless/possibly career ending.Yestersdays was a bad tackle on Vida and i think again the ref got it spot on.I think there needs to be a review,as a red card could be for numerous things and u get a ban,but if u get a red card for a potentially career ending tackle the ban should be longer.This applies to anyone and im in no way being biased to United,if one of our lot does something stupid they should suffer the consequences.Its like how can taking down the striker down when your the last man serve the same sentence as attempting to snap someones leg off!

What a awesome post yeah maybe your right there needs to be a panel who decides whether a straight red for a wreckless tackle is a longer ban .

I think one of the worst tacklers Ive ever seen is Michael Brown who could of finished Giggs career a few years back . The man has no morals and doesnt mind two footing anyone .

As for the tackle on Possebon early this season he should of got at least a 10 game ban without pay . This would be the only way to stop this kind of thing from occuring as often as it does .

As for John Terry but I think they should strip him of the England captaince because he thinks he is untoachable with it .

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
i think the major difference now is that refs are clamping down on not just tackles that do damage but are also now sending players off for intent. how many times recently have we seen someone either take a kick at someone or aim an elbow and punch and NOT make a proper connection, but still get sent off. if players don't learn from it then really its their own fault.
we should be one of the main beneficiaries of the clampdown as we have supremley talented and most importantly quick players a la ronaldo, nani, evra etc who have always been targets for other lesser talents from other clubs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts