Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what an immense performance, like most of us said he would come good in the end for us and boy did he pay off the debt that well shelled out for him in the summer, he's a big game player and i believe this has been superb for a couple of reasons, before this game in the last couple of weeks i dont think people knew what our best team was, however i do now believe we know what our best 11 is fair enoug it will change in the next few seasons with scholes nearing the end and anderson ermerging but this is very exciting as we now have hargreaves performing to a maximum and in a posotion where he can improve and excell as a footballer, i do believe we need to add one more addition up front and yes i do know manucho is comming but with him and one more forward i really do think we can dominate europe for years to come, the difference from 1999 being this team has only just started it's dominant cycle, does anyone have any thoughts of owen hargreaves and how well he has now adapted, the emergence of anderson, or who you might want to see comming into our squad over the next few months :) VERY EXCITING TIMES AHEAD DONT YOU THINK :D
back to back and european champions !

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
I honestly think Hargreaves best position is when he pushes up front and plays in an attacking or aggressive role.

Even though he's a holding mid he's best when he plays just behind the strikers and has licence to roam especially out wide.

It's a bit like Sissoko their both holding mids but they're more attacking than say Maschherano or Makelele who sit deep.

·
Registered
675 Posts
very exciting times indeed. hargreaves played with raw passion last night, you could see it in his face, he wasnt just playing for a team he was playing for Manchester United, and he knew that.

his performance last night to me was excellent. he fought for the ball, made sum great tackles at times and never hesitated going forward. i believe theres still a few rusty edges on him but they will chisled down to pure class in time. ;) he's one to watch.

anderson is going to be absolute world class in the future. altho fergie isnt playing him much at the moment, injury perhaps, in time he will settle right down. be able to skin a ton of players and actually shoot on target. another one to watch :)

·
23,699 Posts
I am one of the proponents and am most glad he is coming through.

But I think I now prefer him to be on the right for reasons already mentioned in other threads on more than one occasion. Besides, Carrick is doing terrific in the middle of the park and has really become our key man in the midfield, with or without Scholes.

[Unfortunately, the other one who has good skills and speed still has not.:eek: But he should. ;) ]

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Forever_United said:
very exciting times indeed. hargreaves played with raw passion last night, you could see it in his face, he wasnt just playing for a team he was playing for Manchester United, and he knew that.

his performance last night to me was excellent. he fought for the ball, made sum great tackles at times and never hesitated going forward. i believe theres still a few rusty edges on him but they will chisled down to pure class in time. ;) he's one to watch.

anderson is going to be absolute world class in the future. altho fergie isnt playing him much at the moment, injury perhaps, in time he will settle right down. be able to skin a ton of players and actually shoot on target. another one to watch :)
Right on the money! I've never seen harg better...MOTM for me.

And FU, change your picture! Those of us in the over-the-hill gang don't need to see how out of shape we really are! :D

·
Registered
675 Posts
moondog said:
Right on the money! I've never seen harg better...MOTM for me.

And FU, change your picture! Those of us in the over-the-hill gang don't need to see how out of shape we really are! :D
hahaha :D was changing it soon anyway :)

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
hargreaves is top class thats why fergie chased him for so long , due to injuries his season had been restricted but hasn't the lad shone at the end.:D

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
play him on the right.
playing as a dm, his passing needs to be improved, short pass and long pass. he needs to have better vision, dun always turns his back against his opponents. i have no problems with his defensive work and commitment, but i still think he can provide something more in attack. I am not asking too much, am i?

·
Registered
854 Posts
Ye clearly looks out of position in the centre. Played out of this world on the wing. I don't think even SAF seen that coming. He was immense yesterday

·
Banned
198 Posts
I think we understand from first hand observations now why Ferguson was so adament he wanted Owen Hargreaves in his squad. Surprise position to start in such a important game, he rose above nerves showed passion, steel, bite patience and with a winning mentality.. Crazy player, worth every penny of his 18m gbp fee [sic]!!!. i so didn't see this performance on the right wing from him.. his versatility is excellent...

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Hargreaves didn't display any signs of nerves yesterday at all. I think his time in Germany at Bayern has made him battle-hardened and used to playing in big games. He really went out there and just played. That's all. That's the whole point. If you just go out onto the pitch and do your thing, you're going to be so much better than if you put yourself under pressure and Hargo showed that.

He hasn't impress me in his usual defensive midfield role, but man has he impressed me on the right. First at right back and then on the wing. Apparently, he's the second fastest player at the club after Ronaldo and his crosses are beautiful. He never stops running - much like Carlitos - and he plays for the team.

I wanted to like him so much before he even joined us and I like him even more now that he is a UNited player. I have a feeling he's going to make a lot of new fans next season.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Like a lot of you I prefer Owen on the right (back or midfield is the same). He never stops running, he is very skillfull and when we need a defensive help he is always ready..fantastic player

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
He was fantastic.

New role next season? Ronnie on the left with Hargo on the right?

He was simply awesome yesterday and without doubt, he took the best penalty
I've ever seen!

Cracking techique and I'm delighted for him!

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
What do you mean he 'finally' fits the bill?
He was always a class act but some fans wouldn't give him the time
to get over his injuries. It's characters like him that our team needed and
we got him, thank God......
I have always had faith in him, he is one of my favourite players, for the way
he plays the game aggressively. His versatility is so important in this day and age.
Centre mid, right wing, right back....he's a way better version of John O'Shea.
Hargo has been our best player over the last few months I feel (along with the back 5)

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
you dont need to convince me jaz, the only reaosn why i titled the thread that is because just a month ago fans were slating him, i've wanted him at united since the world cup and i love his style it compliments rooney tevez ronaldo and scholes, he's a great player and i hope he is a certain starter next season did anyone see how up for it he was in the tunnel before the game? really reminded me of keano it inspired me when i saw him before the match

1 - 16 of 16 Posts