Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 276 Posts

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Latest news from MUTV,

Hargreaves has had a successful operation on his right knee earlier, and all went
well.

He is set to undergo an operation on his left knee later this week, but it has been
confirmed that he will play no further part in Uniteds 08/09 season.

Could you hear worse news?

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
BREAKING NEWS - Hargreaves Injury Update

News just in that Hargreaves had an operation on his right knee.
It was performed by Dr.Steadman and was successful.
He will have another operation on his left knee in a couple of weeks time.
Bad news is that he will miss the entire season :(
This should be the end of his problems but its a terrible blow that he is out for the whole season.

Edit: just beat me to it keano!. Merged...

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
hargreaves out for the season

Well the crock hargreaves has gone under the knife and is out for the rest of the season.
This will be a big blow to us , did our medical staff not pick up his injuries during his "stringent medical"

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
stretty said:
did our medical staff not pick up his injuries during his "stringent medical"
I think they knew all along, but just didn't expect it all to escalate..

...just had a txt from a mate, (United fan)...
Hargreaves is going...no way Fergie will hang onto an injury

Hope he's wrong, he perhaps let Saha go becaus eof it :(....God this is news I'd
rather not have heard...

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
:(

no Hargro for the rest of the season

we are definitely going to lack the player who will control the match and bring order to the midfield

Fergie should go looking for a replacement for Hargreaves like Appiah whos a free agent

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
stretty said:
Jazz that was scary three of started the thread within a minute , well merged lol
Actually....

Mine was 06:41pm
Jazz was 06:42pm
Yours was 06:44pm

;)...And I merged them up ;)...(I think :p)

At elast we know we are first for breaking news! :p

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
While I wish him an as pain-free and quick recovery as possible, I can't say I'm devastated by the news, not really that surprised either. I just hope once he returns this puts an end to his injury crisis, or else we'll probably have to sell him.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
he is going to see the legend that is Dr Steadman. They wont give him any old
operation in the hope it will work....
It WILL work and thats why he will be out for the year. Lets hope he is raring
to go for 09/10 (that sounds scary!)

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Keano! said:
Actually....

Mine was 06:41pm
Jazz was 06:42pm
Yours was 06:44pm

;)...And I merged them up ;)...(I think :p)

At elast we know we are first for breaking news! :p
I must upgrade my computer keano its getting slower with all the rubbish on it , 3 minutes slower is slack.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Just saw it on SSN.

Certainly will be a blow, but if it puts an end to his injuries then it'll all be worth it in the end. That leaves us with Carrick, Scholes (when he comes back_, Anderson, Fletcher, Giggs and Possebon for that position so we are well covered.

But its still a blow. Losing a player of his quality will always be a blow.

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
Death.
That's bad news... And we were all hoping the surgery thing wasn't going to happen .. :(:(:(:(:(

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
its obviously a big blow.
owen showed last year how much of a big game player he is, and he's certainly been missed in the big ones this year (although he played at chelsea)
on the upside, as said above, dr.steadman has a great track record, and wouldn't give him an op for the sake of it.
i'm glad that the problem was identified and dealt with quickly, and here's to a speedy return!

i'm also in favour of a cheap midfielder being brought in, or perhaps one on loan.
similar to the deal that brought larsson in for a few weeks as cover, an experienced player would be ideal to cover till the end of the season. i know we have a few midfielders but scholes and giggs are old, and with the japan trip and then the catch up games, we will play two games a week for a fair while if we stay in the champs league and carling cup. a bit of extra cover would be integral in my view, to any cup wins this year.
get well soon owen

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Crap!

One of my fave players and he's out for a whole season. I just hope and will later pray that he comes back strong, healthy and with a vengeance!

I'm wonder if Fergie will be tempted to move in the January window......and will wonder to Transfer Talk to start a thread ;)

I'm crossing my fingers Owen Hargreaves will be able to have a brilliant career after this surgery.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
RedAdam said:
its obviously a big blow.
owen showed last year how much of a big game player he is, and he's certainly been missed in the big ones this year (although he played at chelsea)
on the upside, as said above, dr.steadman has a great track record, and wouldn't give him an op for the sake of it.
i'm glad that the problem was identified and dealt with quickly, and here's to a speedy return!

i'm also in favour of a cheap midfielder being brought in, or perhaps one on loan.
similar to the deal that brought larsson in for a few weeks as cover, an experienced player would be ideal to cover till the end of the season. i know we have a few midfielders but scholes and giggs are old, and with the japan trip and then the catch up games, we will play two games a week for a fair while if we stay in the champs league and carling cup. a bit of extra cover would be integral in my view, to any cup wins this year.
get well soon owen

I dunno man,...... it would be a good chance to give Possebon a run in the team.
Plus if you bring a midfielder now, there will be A LOT of competition when Hargo recovers.

Scholes and Giggsy aren't the players they used to be, but they're still in the team and on the payroll. Check out the CMs we have.

Carrick - Anderson
Scholes - Fletcher
Possebon - Giggs
Gibson - Hargreaves (injured)

That's a lot of players man. Even if you minus POssebon and Gibson, that's still 5 current and former internationals.

I'd only be for a midfielder purchase in January, if Fergie knows both Giggs and Scholes are going to retire in the summer. *prays Giggs will retire with dignity*

BTW, the problem should have been detected straight after the CL final so he would already be in physiotherapy by now.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Completely sucks we have missed him already this season but to know he won't be back till next season! is even worse :( Awful news for Hargo as well as he was plagued by little laybacks last season.

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
bad news ror owen.
i was half expecting him to miss large chunks of the season due to his injury record since he joined, but to lose him for the season is terrible news.

i think fergie will move for cover in the next window and we could possibly see someone like palacios come in.
personally i think he is a fine player who could easily fit into the team.
great tackle full of running and he is pretty handy on the ball

hopefully after dr. steadman works his magic we will see the real owen hargreaves next season.

1 - 20 of 276 Posts