Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hargreaves out for a month

Owen Hargreaves has been ruled out for up to a month, Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed.

The Reds midfielder is to have an injection in his knee to try and cure the tendonitis problems he has been suffering from.

"He will have an injection in his knee," confirmed the boss on MUTV. "It was an option that we had some weeks ago, but after training on Monday he was feeling it and we just have to go ahead and give him the injection.

"Hopefully that's the end of it and he comes back 100 per cent."

The 26-year-old had been tipped to play against Roma on Tuesday at Old Trafford, but his name was again absent from the team-sheet. The former Bayern Munich midfielder's start to his United career has been blighted by injuries and he hasn't played since the win over Sunderland on 1 September.

Meanwhile, Cristiano Ronaldo, who was forced off against Roma in the final five minutes of the match, has had four stitches to the head wound he suffered against the Italians.

Source is Manutd.com

·
Registered
788 Posts
Hopefully he will be back in time for the start of November we play Arsenal on the 3rd. Better getting it seen to now, Looking forward to Hargreaves getting match fit and fighting his way into the team. Hopefully these 4 weeks will be the only weeks that he misses this season, Being back around November he will be match for the end of our CL Group stage games were we have Roma away!

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
Now is the right time to give him the injection with the international break coming up. Hopefully he'll be fit for the Arsenal game but the important thing is to have him fit for the rest of the season - this tendonitis seems to be causing him a real problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Funnily enough I think the absence of defensively minded Hargreaves is the reason United are not scoring so many goals this year. Last year Scholes seemed a little more willing to make breaks from midfield. This year it looks like he is lacking the engine on a consistent basis. Hopefully the security of having hargreaves behind him will allow Scholes to be a bit more attack minded.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
This a bad news. he does seem a bit injury prone for my liking. It usually seems to be his knees which is a worry. On the plus side he does miss the international so hopefully he will be back fighting fit in 3/4 weeks. I cant wait for him to really get going at OT. I think he was the most important buy for us this summer. He will offer that defensive protection which will enable the forward thinking players to do what they do best.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
i agree with jazz, hargo was deffo our best and most needed signing of the summer. at home we can cope with out him at the moment. but we have got some big away games coming up soon and we deffo need him for them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts