Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
no, simply because of the things he has done.
the winner against arsenal, a penalty in the champions league final.
has filled in a couple of positions and excelled. can't wait for him to return.
unsuccessful as yet, but flop is harsh

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
No way Jose!! Hargo (when fit & playing reg) is one of the best Mids in the world.He has a sweet strike and a very tidy game.He rarely loses the ball and is a massive blow this season.He's way ahead of Anderson regardless of the age.Him & Carrick can create a magical duo one day

·
Davey baby chips 'n' gravy
4,055 Posts
marty davidson said:
Would you consider him as a flop simply becasue he has hardly played any games for us ?

Absoutley no chance, Hargo is a quality player and among the World's best when he is fit. Hopefully, next season he will be back and showing his true potential for United.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
If he is a flop, then would we be thinking about Rooney being a flop, who seems to miss at least two months a year due to injuries?

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
peterswellman said:
Our best midfielder when fit. Hell no, he'll be back. We'd canter to the league thi season if we had him.
Agreed. He has so much to offer. World class player when fit.

Of course he isnt a flop. He has just been unlucky with his injuries.

·
Banned
16,009 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Agreed. He has so much to offer. World class player when fit.

Of course he isnt a flop. He has just been unlucky with his injuries.
I'll agree with my fellow Irish man 100%.

I had my doubts before he signed but he rammed them down my throat. Quality.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
peterswellman said:
I'll agree with my fellow Irish man 100%.

I had my doubts before he signed but he rammed them down my throat. Quality.
I always said that out of the 4 we signed that summer (Ando, Nini, Tev, Harg)
he would be the most important and influential. People laughed at me when I said it,
but I still stand by it. He was immense when he played last season, his engine,
his free kicks, his determination, his crossing and his obvious skill.
He played centre mid, right back, right wing, so versatile its unreal.
Ill never forget his performance in the CL final as well.

Anyone who calls him a flop hasnt got a clue about football or knows what its like
to be injured. Its hardly his fault he has tendinitis. He still trained and played through
pain, so fair fooks to him for that. I love his style and the way he plays the game.
Definitely one of my favourite United players. Gutted he is injured but he will be back
better than ever before. Mark my words :)

·
Banned
16,009 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
I always said that out of the 4 we signed that summer (Ando, Nini, Tev, Harg)
he would be the most important and influential. People laughed at me when I said it,
but I still stand by it. He was immense when he played last season, his engine,
his free kicks, his determination, his crossing and his obvious skill.
He played centre mid, right back, right wing, so versatile its unreal.
Ill never forget his performance in the CL final as well.

Anyone who calls him a flop hasnt got a clue about football or knows what its like
to be injured. Its hardly his fault he has tendinitis. He still trained and played through
pain, so fair fooks to him for that. I love his style and the way he plays the game.
Definitely one of my favourite United players. Gutted he is injured but he will be back
better than ever before. Mark my words :)

God I hope so mate. He deserves it. I hope he goes on to being a firm favourite among us United fans. His tackling and positioing are his best technical skills, while his sheer determination makes he a fantastic competitor.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
peterswellman said:
God I hope so mate. He deserves it. I hope he goes on to being a firm favourite among us United fans. His tackling and positioing are his best technical skills, while his sheer determination makes he a fantastic competitor.
yeh, I think he is the most 'Keane like' midfielder we have at United.
I still think we are missing a player like Roy in the middle and Hargo is the closest we have to him.
Id love to see Carrick/Hargo in the middle in a couple of years.
or else...

Hargo------Carrick-------Anderson-------Ronaldo

·
Banned
16,009 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
I still think we are missing a player like Roy in the middle and Hargo is the closest we have to him.
or else...

I think his tackling is wasted right midfield. For me he was to play in the centre of the park.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
peterswellman said:
I think his tackling is wasted right midfield. For me he was to play in the centre of the park.
I dont think he would be wasted out right (look at CL final)
He puts in a great cross, he will offer Rafael amazing protection, and we also need
to accommodate the central mids we already have. What about Scholes, Carrick, Ando and Fletch?
Thats the beauty of Hargreaves, is that he is so versatile. Id be happy seeing him play anywhere.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
He isnt a flop is he we won the league and champions league with him in our squad so no not a flop.

Value for money you should of said and the answer to that would be no he needs to stay fit.

·
I'm so gorgeous they want to arrest me
8,772 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
or else...

I agree with that Jazz and then we will be at liberty to play Rafael in the big games as he will be protected properly. Hargo can whip a great ball into the box. IMO the best crosser we have on the team. Tosic could rival him but I havent seen enough of him.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
red dave said:
He isnt a flop is he we won the league and champions league with him in our squad so no not a flop.

Good point. and he was more than just a squad player last season.
I think he made 35 apps. and thats with the injury problems he had.
35 games a season is still good going, so no way is he even close to floppage (great word) :p
ok this season is a write off, but the lad will be back. Its the same time frame as a
leg break or a cruciate injury. Its part of football.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts