Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
23,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hargreaves's United future in doubt?!?

Something we may be afraid to even whisper..... Is Hargreaves going to turn out to be another Saha?!

The ominous signs are perhaps there: 16 months already but no light at the end of tunnel, Fergie didn't seem too happy and perhaps even with a slight tinge of disbelief in his undertone about his voluntary withdrawal, fans are anxious to see him in action again and worried sick....

Certainly hope not.

We all know what Hargreaves can do for us and have so far only seen a fraction of his best as according to the player himself, given his fitness problem even though he played some part last season.

But practicality and usefulness wise? Saha II or just a temporary inconvenience?

What... what... do you think?

mirror

Owen Hargreaves's Man Utd future in doubt

Owen Hargreaves's future with Manchester United is in doubt after he pulled out of Friday night's Super Cup defeat.

Sir Alex Ferguson, having just sold one seemingly injury-prone player in Louis Saha to Everton, is now concerned that the midfielder he bought 15 months ago from Bayern Munich for £17million may have become another.

England coach Fabio Capello, who travelled to Monaco expecting to see Hargreaves start the game against Zenit St Petersburg, is also a worried man. He had planned to give the United star a crucial holding role during the World Cup qualifying campaign that starts this Saturday against Andorra.

Capello and Ferguson looked poised to go to war last week after the Old Trafford boss declared that even if Hargreaves played in the Principality he would not be fit for international duty - but they now face the same difficult problem.

Ferguson, who expects to unveil Dimitar Berbatov as a £28m capture tomorrow, was unhappy over Hargreaves's decision to drop out in Monaco.

The United boss had believed a course of injections would end 16 months of tendinit is problems in Hargreaves's knee and he admitted: "We need to get him back and we are disappointed. He's been training with the first team for 10 days and there's nothing more we can do. We gave him the right preparation, his training programmes were at the right tempo.

"Everything was done in the right manner to get him back for this game, so that's the disappointment."

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
the last thing we need is an injury prone :rolleyes:
Hargreaves should return soon lets hope he is fit to face Liverpool

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
He'll be fine. Fergie didn't want to play him as then he would of been in the england team and fergie don't want to risk him as he is our only experienced DM atm. People worry way too much its a joke!

Z

·
0 Posts
It's just a bit of scaremongering by the British tabloids as usual to sell some newspapers.

He's struggled a lot with injuries since we signed him last Summer, but it's way too early to be calling him another Louis Saha.

·
23,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rooneyNo10 said:
He'll be fine. Fergie didn't want to play him as then he would of been in the england team and fergie don't want to risk him as he is our only experienced DM atm. People worry way too much its a joke!
Not 6 months but 16 months, which is almost equivalent to the length of 2 seasons, for the exact same troublesome problem still with no light at the end of the tunnel is of no valid concern at all? Nothing to worry about because would be a joke?!

P.S. Btw Darren Bent took 2 points off Chel$ki. Lol.

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
Hargreaves had serious injury (broken leg) before joining us. Wonder whether his current knee problems are an aftermath of his previous injury. I hear Kaka is also suffering from the same problem(tendonitis) and he has not been the same player since. As for Hargreaves, the signs are worrying but lets hope that he will put his injuries woes behind him and produce his best in the Manchester United shirt.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I hope not, as hes a class player, but it doesn't look good atm.

I don't think hes injury-prone, just tendonitits prone ;)

The tendonitis problem doesn't seem to go away though, no matter what we try. Hopefully it will sort itself, but it doesn't look good, and I don't know if we can afford having Hargreaves out for 2 or so months of every season.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Its really startin to worry me cause tendonitis is not like a
hamstring injury that will heal. Its something that might
never be right as tendons never return to the way they were
originally and recurrences of the injury are common as we've
seen with Hargo. Really hope they find some way from him to
get over his trouble though with all the new technology and
treatments out there.
He's a world class player in his position when fit.
As has been said already we can't do with him been out for
2 months of the season every year.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Tendinitis is a scary affair. I certainly hope he'll be fine, he's such a good player and a vital cog in our Big Red Machine.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Ritesh MU said:
can someone tell me when he will be back exactly in how many month though ????
Well, I don't know sorry.

He was meant to play in the Super Cup, and for England, but he pulled out of both. If he was set to play in the Super Cup, I guess he can't be too far away.

Although if his tendonitis doesn't get better quickly, it could be a while.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
He had a broken leg not so long ago and is probably struggling to regain his fitness. Such a shame considering what a great player we know he can be. But I'm confident he wont be another Saha.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
I read an article recently where he said all his injuries were going to be behind him once he had recuperated from this particular one. Hopefully Fergie didn't play him as a precaution and instead he didn't aggrevate the injury.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
i think hargreaves is a very good player ,but how can utd chase a player for 2 years then discover his knee is knackered shortly after signing him.bayern munich must be laughing all the way to the bank ,18m wasn't it.
for his knee to keep breaking down hargreave football carear must be in doubt its begining to look a terrible buy ,utds medical staff should surely have known about a problem before we signed him .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts