Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Owen To Replace Berbatov At Spurs?
Tottenham Hotspur are reportedly eyeing up Newcastle's Michael Owen as a potential replacement for Dimitar Berbatov, according to the Sunday Express.

Berbatov is widely expected to leave White Hart Lane before the August transfer window closes with either Manchester United or Barcelona expected to sign the Bulgarian.

The striker didn't start in Tottenham's opening game of the Premier League yesterday, a 2-1 defeat to Middlesbrough, and only appeared as a second half substitute, all of which has increased speculation a move is imminent.

As Tottenham have already lost fellow striker Robbie Keane to Liverpool this summer, the loss of Berbatov as well will be keenly felt and will leave manager Juande Ramos, short of attacking options.

Currently the only forwards Ramos can call upon are Darren Bent, who started yesterday's game and has looked good in pre-season, new signing Giovani Dos Santos and Berbatov.

Meanwhile, speculation over Michael Owen's future refuses to go away. Newcastle remain keen to tie the striker to the club however a much talked about contract extension has not been completed and his four year deal at the Magpies expires next summer.

Newcastle signed Owen from Real Madrid for £16 million. However, since arriving at St James' Park Owen has been plagued by injury which has meant he has only managed 43 league appearances for Newcastle in three seasons.

A combination of mumps and a calf strain have wrecked his preparations for the new season and ensured the striker has not featured in any of the Magpies pre-season games.

His lack of match fitness is also expected to rule him out of Newcastle's opening game of the season today against Manchester United at Old Trafford and England manager Fabio Capello has also not included Owen in his squad for England's friendly against the Czech Republic on Wednesday night.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=822187

The sooner the find a replacement for Berbatov, the sooner he will be at United.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
abojodeh said:
Owen is getting payed well by newcastle why he would leave
Spurs might pay him the same money. He can be injured in London as well as in Newcastle. Better shopping for Mrs Owen in London as well. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
spellbound said:
Spurs might pay him the same money. He can be injured in London as well as in Newcastle. Better shopping for Mrs Owen in London as well. :rolleyes:
:mad:

He is player. He want to play!

if he is injured that does not mean that he wants it. I hate when fans reproach the player with that that he is injured. as with Saha! :(

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Zenitka said:
:mad:

He is player. He want to play!

if he is injured that does not mean that he wants it. I hate when fans reproach the player with that that he is injured. as with Saha! :(
Of course he wants to play but his last seasons have been filled with injuries. I read that since signing for Newcastle in 2005 he's made only 43 apperances.
Owen is what 28-29 years old and last 3 seasons pretty much injured and before that he sat on Real Madrids a lot during his two years in Spain. Have all the injuries and the fact he's getting older made him lose one of his top assets, his speed? Maybe!

A fit Michael Owen could be a player for Manchester United.

And todays game, Michael Owen is ruled out due to his calf injury that have tormented him throughout the summer. Keegan dont want to risk anything yet so Owen stays home. Not the best start of the new season.

Saha is a great player too but he's also too much injured. A fit Saha will contribute to defend our titles. The problem is how long can we wait for him to stay fit?

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
abojodeh said:
owen had lost his pace
Of course he's not as quick as he were in Loserfools when he was 22-23. He can still beat the defences in PL but can he do it often enough to be worth the money?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
This is a joke of a story, Michael Owen will be lucky if he gets another contract at Newcastle in my opinion, let alone go to an up and comming club like Spurs, this will never happen !

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Drew9 said:
This is a joke of a story, Michael Owen will be lucky if he gets another contract at Newcastle in my opinion, let alone go to an up and comming club like Spurs, this will never happen !
I agree..... why would spurs risk this. Its no go for me

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
No way ..
I'd never Buy Michael Owen.
I like to Bring on Berba,but it seems that it wouldn't happen this year..

·
Banned
4 Posts
RichardsReds said:
Not many places to keep horses in central london
Rock up at Buck House and tap the door, ask her Maj if you can sling em in with hers round the back for the night if you lob her a few quid. She'll be right dont worry ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts