Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OWEN HARGREAVES insists Manchester United deserve to win the title because they play good football.

United cranked up the pressure on Chelsea by hammering West Ham 4-1 on Saturday — and know a win at Wigan on Sunday will clinch a 10th Premier League crown for Alex Ferguson.

England ace Hargreaves, 27, said: “It would be nice if teams like United who play attacking football and score lots of goals got their reward.

“It is very rare at this level to see a team at the top of the table with such a massive goal difference.

“We are in control of our own destiny, which is what you want, and we need only one win to retain our title.

“Now we will see how Chelsea get on.â€

Cristiano Ronaldo bagged a double on Saturday to take his tally to 40 for the season.

The Portugal wing star said: “It is wonderful to score so many times.

“I have to thank my team-mates a lot as they give me great passes. If they give me an opportunity, I am confident I can score.â€

Link

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I totally agree with him.

It'll be a disaster if Chelsea win the league and/or CL imo.

I always want to most attacking teams to win.

But, when I read the title at first (in Man Utd Chat) I thought it meant Michael Owen! :p

·
Registered
376 Posts
manutd004 said:
I totally agree with him.

It'll be a disaster if Chelsea win the league and/or CL imo.

I always want to most attacking teams to win.

But, when I read the title at first (in Man Utd Chat) I thought it meant Michael Owen! :p
Which is why it's important that we stay true to our style now and be positive. I do not want to see any last minute desperate attacking in the last 10 minutes at the JJB after 80 minutes of "patience". Let's get this darn thing sorted out and done with by proving we are worthy champions playing like champions (and not a team that is afraid)

·
Registered
590 Posts
Last season United gave hope to the rest of the Premiership by wrestling the title away from Chelsea. Prior to the 2006/07 season, Chelsea had looked an unstoppable force and with the addition to their squad of two 'world class' players, Ballack and Shevchenko :rolleyes:, it looked like they were odds on favourites to produce more of the same and win their 3rd title in a row.

However United played some devestating attacking, free flowing football and wrestled the title from Chelsea. That sort of football was recognised by all in the country, and no one could be-grudge United of winning the league for the first time since 2003.

Similarly this season United again have played some football that has been amongst the best in the league, apposed only by Arsenal's form up until February.

Surely Owen Hargreaves is right, United have played football the right wa, and the Manchester United way and in my opinion, deserve every sucess possible in the next two matches.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts