Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry about the title , of course we all know who paddy supports . I am sorry for alienating those on the forum who dont get MUTV . But I cant help laugh at some of the comments Mr Crerand comes out with when hes commentating on games . I mean we all love United with all our hearts but Paddy Crerand really does love everything about United . No United player is ever in the wrong and the ref is blind, dumb and stupid if he gives a desicion against us . I think its fantastic that a player who gave so much as a player to United is still involved with the club . Long may Paddy be on our screens .

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
lol yes, Paddy is a legend but he comes out with some ridiculous comments
everytime you see him. He is biased beyond belief but thats why we love him.
He does need to tone it down a bit cos he makes no sense at times or else
he seriously needs his eyes checked.
Regardless of all that though, he is a true United legend and long may we see
him on our screens.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
you have to laugh at him his commentary is the most biased thing you will ever hear , he says on television what we are all feeling at the time.
The only criticism is paddy never ever says anything bad about fergie or united he is the best p.a fergie has ever had , and a true legend by the way

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I don't have MUTV but I've heard Paddy a couple of times, and I love his commentary from the bits I've heard.

Hes just like one of us being lucky enough to commentate on a game! :p

·
Registered
550 Posts
The only thing funnier than Paddy Crerand on MUTV is Gary Neville commentating beside him and trying to maintain their professionalism. The only reason anyone watches the reserve and youth games is in case those two are commentating.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Paddy is a brilliant, and he's a top person aswell.

he was much better as a commentator 2 seasons ago though, he has quite a whiney voice but steve bower made up for that, wheras stewart gardner brings out the worst in him as a commentator.

He's still a legend though.

Z

·
0 Posts
I never watch games on MUTV but I downloaded
the United v Dippers game (3-0) off mininova and
had to suffer through his nonsense. It was cringeworthy.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Paddy is an absolute legend. He is a United fan through and through and tells it the way United fans see it.

I've been lucky enough to meet him on a couple of occasions and he is exactly the same in real life except his language is a bit more colourful ;)

Of course he is biased but MUTV is a channel for United fans so you would expect that. I would much rather listen to Paddy talking about a United game than Andy Grey

Something I do miss though is 'Crerand and Bower in Extra Time'. I know Paddy still has his show on a Monday usually to talk about the weekends game but when Steve Bower was there to do it with him, it was without a doubt the best programme on MUTV. Some of the stuff they used to come out with was genius, it was the perfect combination between United talk, comedy and banter.

I recomend anyone to do a quick youtube search for him, it comes up with classics like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke8_kXg3bgY
:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts