Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Today against Spurs, Park made his 100th appearance for United.

What do we all think of Park? Is he a first teamer for you or just a squad player?

United class or not?

·
hates City
2,913 Posts
He is one of the hardest workers in the squad, and deserves a place in the team. I wish another 100 appearances for him

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Aren't we the lcuky ones :rolleyes:

Not a first teamer, and not United quality. But you know what you get from him, and he doesn't mind if he's not in the team.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I agree, not a first teamer, but tbh I prefer him out on the left than any of our other wingers at the moment (excluding Ronaldo), glad we're getting Tosic though as hopefully he can be a real threat. Park is a good player, hard working, well done to him :)

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
congrads to the lad
i must admit when we first signed him i was worried but hes proved his worth and although not a first teamer or fan favorite he gives 100% no matter the game allbeit carling cup 1st round or champions league final
the blokes a work horse and im pretty damn glad we have him

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
andersons_left_foot said:
congrads to the lad
i must admit when we first signed him i was worried but hes proved his worth and although not a first teamer or fan favorite he gives 100% no matter the game allbeit carling cup 1st round or champions league final
the blokes a work horse and im pretty damn glad we have him
I'm sure you jump with glee every time Park's on the teamsheet.

To be fair, he hasn't proved his worth. He offers very little as a winger should.

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
Stephen said:
I'm sure you jump with glee every time Park's on the teamsheet.

To be fair, he hasn't proved his worth. He offers very little as a winger should.
i wouldnt say jump nor do i feel happy i just feel other than ronaldo hes proving to be the best winger we have at the moment

and he desurves credit for the hard work he puts in for the team but you are prehaps right he dosnt offer what a winger should

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
andersons_left_foot said:
i wouldnt say jump nor do i feel happy i just feel other than ronaldo hes proving to be the best winger we have at the moment

and he desurves credit for the hard work he puts in for the team but you are prehaps right he dosnt offer what a winger should
It's not exactly that hard to be the second best winger at United nowadays is it though?

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Stephen said:
It's not exactly that hard to be the second best winger at United nowadays is it though?
Thats a good point. Ronaldo is way ahead but besides him, who is there?
Hopefully this Serbian lad proves to be good cos Giggs isnt a winger anymore,
Park isnt a World beater and Nani is.......how do I put this diplomatically??? crap.
We are United and need players of the ilk of Young or Ribery.
I think Park is a class act and he is a very good player, but we can find better tbh.
Fair does for getting 100 apps. and he was my Motm today as well. Go Park!!

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Park isnt a World beater and Nani is.......how do I put this diplomatically??? crap.
I think Park is a class act and he is a very good player, but we can find better tbh.
Damn Id love ribery to sign for united he is a little genuis!!

jazz great post:cool:

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
Just my personal opinion of him but to me he is like fletcher to RFR.

Shocking player, runs but cant get past a player, canot dribble, terrible crosser of the ball...why was he taking corners? Offers zero end product and is a negative selection everytime he is chosen in my opinion.

Say what you want about Nani but the guy offers a threat and i would pick him ahead of Park, atleast he plays like a winger should...trying to take on players, attempts crosses and a goal threat at times. Im not saying Nani is very good at the moment but he is better than park as a winger.

Just like i feel fletcher is a safety first approach over anderson who is a far better player.

Anyway congrats to park on the 100 but not united quality.

pz

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I'm a big fan of Park.

His work-rate is top-notch, and he has been fantastic for us, especially in the last year or two. I think he should definitely be considered first choice in his positon, especially when Rafael plays at RB. He isn't a natural winger, like a Giggs. However, he offers great balance to the side and does a great job for us.

No doubt, there are better players then him. But hes definitely a great player to have in the squad, and deserves his place at Manchester United.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Jazz 16 said:

I like park as a player but its becoming apparent especially in away games that he does not have that extra bit of class that united require to turn draws into victories. don't agree with you jazz that he was our MOM and i actually do rate Nani as when the mood takes him like arsenal in the cup last year he unlike park can trouble any defence. Still a lively presence today but a decent squad player at best imo

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
I like Park as a squad player, but if he wants first team apps, he needs to move on in my opinion. I value his work rate, and does a good job on big away games where we sit farther back on defense and counter-attack more, but he does little else.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Personally, I like Park. He seems to be getting better every year, and he seems to genuinely love playing football, his commitment when he plays is always good enough, and at the end of the day, he wasn't that expensive. You can't buy a player for £5m and compare him to players who cost 20-30mil.

He's perfectly good for what he is. Congrats Park! :)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts