Manchester United Talk banner

Park Ends One Year Wait

456 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Jazz 16 
#1 ·

http://goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=606104

After enduring a year filled with injuries, Ji-sung Park revealed he was ecstatic to score on his return to Manchester United’s first team.

The South Korean international hadn’t scored for the Reds since 31 March 2007, but rose highest to head home Paul Scholes' cross to take United into 2-0 lead before the break in their win against Fulham.

“I’m so happy to get the goal,” Park told MUTV. “I really needed it because scoring gives you great confidence. You never know if you’re going to play but today was beautiful!

“We’ve played really well during the last two games and really shown our quality. It’s been good to see different players come in and do well.

“The strength of our squad is great and the new players we signed in the summer have adapted very well.”

The Red Devils’ win would have moved them to the top of the table had a last-minute equaliser by Nicolas Bendtner not secured a draw for Arsenal at the Emirates.

However, even though they moved closer to the Gunners, Park was determined not to get too carried away: “It’s good to have closed the gap on Arsenal but we don’t worry too much about what they’re doing. We need to focus on maintaining our good performances and hopefully we can win the title again.”

See less See more
#2 ·
Its great news for Park.
I think every United fan is delighted he is back.
Maybe he doesnt have the talent of a Ronaldo or Nani
but he makes up for that with desire and endevour.
I think that was his 9th goal and he rose so well to
score the header. not bad for a little fella.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.