Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so we all know Goal.com is about as reliable as... well I've got no metaphors of the top of my head. :rolleyes:

Anyhow apparently Park's current contract expires at the end of next season. As of yet no contract talks have been forthcoming.

I'm not reading too much into it but I'm sure I'm not the only one here who would appreciate Fergie getting onto that.

He's always been a very useful player & he's not bad tactically ether. So if you think Park's earned a new contract, say so. :)

Link: http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=1030821

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
i cant really see him going anywhere seeing as hes been starting some big games,

i mean its not like hes just be playing reserves or sitting on the bench so im sure a new contract is coming his way some time soon

and he desurves it for being a good back up player but i still beleive we need a new winger

·
hates City
2,913 Posts
Park isn't going anywhere. He will be offered a new deal so united doesn't need to rush with it because they know negotiations will last a short time. So no need for panic

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
There's no doubt in my mind that he should get a new contract.

He's done a great job for us while he's been here, is a great player to have in the squad and certainly deserves a new contract.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
He'll get a new contract -NO DOUBT!

He is a good player and rarely makes a mistake. Can you name any players that hustle more than Park? Not many.

Add to that his importance for the Korean and Asian markets and it should be a done deal.

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,076 Posts
He's a tasty earner on shirts across the waters too,i know MUFC is a big thing over there,but the Koreans go crazy.He's a good filling in player,cant see him ever being a constant first teamer week after week,im sure theres alot better prospects across the globe.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
If his contract is running out next season then maybe we should wait till summer to pass comment .

But to be honest Park is a fav of Fergies and I couldnt imagine he would let him go this summer or next to be honest .

·
Registered
590 Posts
I think there's a pretty good chance he'll stay. He's a good squad player to have around in my opinion, and is good for the club in terms of fans out in the far East.

SAF seems to rate Parky and I don't see any reason for United not to offer him a new contract.

Maybe United are just thinking to themselves he is a loyal player who is happy at United so there's no need to rush to tie him down to a long term contract. Ronaldo on the other hand...

·
Registered
200 Posts
i think as many of you have said a new contract is marketing purposes. he is a enthusiastic player and works really hard when he plays but there is just no end prodct. i never feel confident when he is faced with a scoring oppertunity.

in big games i always feel he is a weak link. towards the end he is a good lively player to come on when opponents legs are gettin tired.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I'm proud to see him play for ManUtd and represent Asia.....Wow how can he survive and became a great player like how he did today..I heard that he's underestimate when he's a young boy and he create his own name when he's PSV player and hopefully United will extend his contract....I see him as a proper team player...

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think Park is a good squad player, he always puts in a good shift when he is asked to and he never complains about being on the bench (not in public anyway).

Every team needs its 'water carriers'

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Stephen said:
He'll get a new contract because of his marketing purposes solely, unfortunately :(

And thats why Fergie picked him to play against the big one's in the away games. Lots of asian fans ready to buy a United shirt and at White Hart Lane, Villa Park, Al Ciddehs place and so on...:rolleyes: And to keep the Aisans in a firm grip thats why David Beckham was sold to the Manchester United retired stars club aka Real Madrid. Becks was bigger in Asia then what Park ever will be....
If/When Park gets his new contract he's getting it for paying back to Fergie what he's expecting from him in each game.

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
Dont sell hhim !! :(
He is a very important player to us especially for the big games
Goal.com also named him the best Asian player of 2008 :)

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Like it or not even i have to agree that marketing is part of the reason to why we bought him in the first place, if they have the chance, why shouldnt they promote the club in an attempt to win more fans?? More fans = More income = Bigger the club is, is it not? but that is not the secondary reason, not like he has no talent and that he didnt do well for PSV when we go for him. Buying him is like killing two birds with one shot.

I think we dont need to be alarmed, it happens to every player when they reached near the end of their contract. If anything i am delighted to know he is worried that the contract talk has not yet started cause that means he wanted to stay and looking forward to a new contract with us despite being a squad player. Im sure he will be offered a new contract sooner or later but whether both side agrees with the term and conditions, that is another story. With Giggsy retiring soon, personally i like him to stay, atleast untill i can decide whom between him and nani has the most consistentcy :p Oh btw i read somewhere that we never lost before with park in the starting line up, anyone have the stats?

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Park is helpful when we are playing for a draw or wanting to hold our result
its because of his high determination and workrate which help the team into gathering the ball etc..

so Park's main power is his pace and hes in late 20's getting near the 30's which mean his pace will never be the same and eventually he will never be the same player

so even that i like Park allot don't renew his contract cuz why would we need a 30 year old squad player who can decrease out youth chances into getting a sub-time

:(

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
abojodeh said:
Park is helpful when we are playing for a draw or wanting to hold our result
its because of his high determination and workrate which help the team into gathering the ball etc..

so Park's main power is his pace and hes in late 20's getting near the 30's which mean his pace will never be the same and eventually he will never be the same player

so even that i like Park allot don't renew his contract cuz why would we need a 30 year old squad player who can decrease out youth chances into getting a sub-time

:(

Very good post by my friend abo ;)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts