Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is definitely a topic that I constantly see causing mass brawls between fellow members after matches. People giving out that Nani's never going to mature and we should send him back to where he came from etc etc. Then with Park, people claiming he is too negative and doesn't provide a goal threat for us and so on and so on. So, what I want to know, is where people stand on the matter, if it was a champions league final, who would you pick Park or Nani. Personally, I think Nani performs well at home when we constantly have teams on the rope. His delivery is also top notch and I think all he has to improve on his is shooting and maybe decision making at times. Park- Now he's the complete opposite imo, more of a winger who should be utilised in away games against teams with fast wingers like : Nasri, J.Cole, A.Young and Babel etc... He also seems to track back a lot more than Nani and alog with Tevez probably hass the best workrate at Utd.

So despite it being a tough decision, I would personally choose Nani. His delivery, pace and tricky skills would definitely cause defenders problems, even if we would lose the work rate of park.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Got to be park for me nani is a hot and cold player but on the other hand all you can say about park is that he is a work horse he offers little else poor in one and one situations and often fails to deliver a telling final ball . But Id still go with park over nani which says alot for how I feel about nani .

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
It all depends on who we play IMO.... And i would like to see Nani play against Sunderland.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
VaVaVoom said:
It all depends on who we play IMO.... And i would like to see Nani play against Sunderland.
Ya thats what I mean, I would like to see Nani vs teams at home

·
Registered
57 Posts
I think the two are two totally different type of players, and it would depend on who we are playing against, although my preference would have to be Nani

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
I think Nani will grow up and refine his skills along the way but im worried if he becomes truly quality he will follow Ronaldo's path and think he's the best thing since sliced bread. I love Parks passion and work rate but he really doesn't compare in sheer quality to the rest of the side. I see Park as a good squad player for the present and Nani as more of a big thing for the future.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Park's work rate and passing is much better than Nani, we need to inject some energetic peeps in the team, Nani is like the economic storm, up and down performance!

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
neither is first team material - both good back ups as long as like o shea they realise they are blessed to play for us

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
haggler said:
neither is first team material - both good back ups as long as like o shea they realise they are blessed to play for us

most sensible reply I've seen yet big fella !!!

yeah u are correct though neither make me get excited but both are key squad players . I dont believe nani will ever change to much like people think he has just got that selfish mentality .

·
Registered
854 Posts
I haven't really been impressed with either yet. I think the position is still up for grabs but if there were a big match tomorrow I'd choose Park reluctantly. I haven't been impressed with either's progress in the last year or so.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
It's got to be Park.

Since Nani came, imho hes went backwards. He has little end product, too greedy and has a terrible attitude. Until his attitude changes I doubt we're going to be able to see the player that his ability says he can be.

Park works hard, is lively and offers more balance to the team. He also has to play on the right when Rafael plays, as atm Rafael needs some protection, something which neither Ronaldo nor Nani would offer him. Last season he was fantastic in the Champions League campaign, and like I said earlier in the season, he and Ronaldo should be our first choice wingers in the Champions League.

Also, people saying that Park hasn't impressed them in the last year or so must have missed his form over the last year, as its been generally great.

However, with the arrival of Tosic, and the promise that he'll go straight into the first team squad to fight for a starting place, the case may either be settled or blown wide open again.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts