Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The South Korean international suffered a knee injury in a game against Blackburn Rovers at the end of March, ruling him out for most of United's Premiership campaign this season.

Park spent nine months on the sidelines, and was not available to play for his country in the recent Asian Cup tournament.

The former PSV Eindhoven midfielder, however, has trained with the first-team squad for the past three weeks - after a lengthy period of rehabilitation.

Though he may have recovered, he has found competition for starting places increasing significantly because of Ferguson's summer spending.

Portuguese winger Nani joined the Red Devils - together with England midfielder Owen Hargreaves and the Brazilian Anderson.

With the hectic festive season taking a toll on his player, however, manager Sir Alex Ferguson may opt to give an opportunity to his fringe players.

Said the United boss: "We'll have a different team and I'll freshen things up a bit with one or two changes.

"I've got players like [Darren] Fletcher, [John] O'Shea, Nani, [Louis] Saha and Ji-sung Park who is back in the squad now.

"They're all fit and fresh, so we've got a few options. I won't make a lot of changes, just one or two."

Ferguson has also pledged his support for Park.

Just last week, he described his form in training as "absolutely outstanding" and voiced his admiration for the determination the Korean had displayed in battling back following career-saving surgery in the United States during the close season.

Apart from Park, defender Rio Ferdinand and midfielder Owen Hargreaves are also ready to face Sunderland. But goalkeeper Edwin van der Sar will miss the hectic festive schedule with a groin problem.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
I bloody love Park...Who doesnt?
3 Lung Park is a quality player. Really looking forward to him getting stuck in.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In my view,there's only 4 other players in United's first-team that truly epitomises the true out-and-out Red Devils' spirit! They r Wazza,Vida,Rio & Carlitos.(tho Anderson & Evra r very close but nt yet there.) I juz loves Park Ji-Sung sheer determination to win the ball back instantly for United. He also possesses outstanding stamina,terrific pace & unparalled fitness. But what i really like about him is his never-say-die attitude! He can juz go on and on chasing for the ball for the full 90 mins(not like Kuyt who still can't gt back the ball),& dispatch it for others to score! Love his attitude towards the beautiful game! Keep it up,3-Lung Park!

Z

·
0 Posts
Don't know about anyone else but I remember the 2005 Champions League Semi Final between PSV and AC Milan and our very own Park Ji-Sung being the best player in the game!! He will give 110% no matter who he plays for!! He loves football and he will do his best whoever he plays for!

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I'm very glad Park is back....i hope we never sell him...he's so funny....i like him cause' he works hard, he's not selfish he's modest he's great:)...great to have him back...can't wait to see him play again

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Wazza1989 said:
I'm very glad Park is back....i hope we never sell him...he's so funny....i like him cause' he works hard, he's not selfish he's modest he's great:)...great to have him back...can't wait to see him play again

well in that case he has to stay..............(actually he did say he thinks we will win the treble....) here's hoping...

Seriously though it is great to get Park back.
He will be like a new signing and will be yet another option for Fergie....
Good news......

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Park Park, where ever you may be,
You eat dogs in your own country,
But your not as bad as the f*****g Scouse,
Eating rats in their Council house!

·
Banned
836 Posts
PrinceZane said:
Park Park, where ever you may be,
You eat dogs in your own country,
But your not as bad as the f*****g Scouse,
Eating rats in their Council house!
HAHAHAA - that's a f*cking class song, good song to sing around in the strafford end lol.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
-zuco- said:
Don't know about anyone else but I remember the 2005 Champions League Semi Final between PSV and AC Milan and our very own Park Ji-Sung being the best player in the game!! He will give 110% no matter who he plays for!! He loves football and he will do his best whoever he plays for!
i remember that.....he ran AC Milan ragged. Probably the performance (or atleast one of them anyway) of his career!

He's one of my favourite players, hes got lots of talent and can play in quite a few positions. Great squad player who never gives up.

Excellant to see him back today.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts