Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As revealed in The Times yesterday, Gary Neville, the captain, is also likely to have
his contract extended by another year while Park Ji Sung, the midfield player, and
Jonny Evans, the defender, are expected to sign new four and five-year deals
respectively by the end of next month.


http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/manchester_united/article5721108.ece

Recently it was announced that Evans, Neville, Giggs were to get new contracts.
Now its Park's turn. :) Fully deserved imo. Top pro and great squad player.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
27,712 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
As revealed in The Times yesterday, Gary Neville, the captain, is also likely to have
his contract extended by another year while Park Ji Sung, the midfield player, and
Jonny Evans, the defender, are expected to sign new four and five-year deals
respectively by the end of next month.


http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/manchester_united/article5721108.ece

Recently it was announced that Evans, Neville, Giggs were to get new contracts.
Now its Park's turn. :) Fully deserved imo. Top pro and great squad player.
the bit highleted is 100 % true but do you feel hes starting abit too much games?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cantos red army said:
the bit highleted is 100 % true but do you feel hes starting abit too much games?
No.
Its not as if he plays every week, is it?
Id probably have him in my current first 11 (ahead of Nani and Tosic for now)
I think its been important to our success having a defensive minded winger,
especially as we have Ronaldo on the other wing doing his thang.
Park may not be as good as our other attackers but he offers so much more
in his all round game. I love park!!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
27,712 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
No.
Its not as if he plays every week, is it?
Id probably have him in my current first 11 (ahead of Nani and Tosic for now)
I think its been important to our success having a defensive minded winger,
especially as we have Ronaldo on the other wing doing his thang.
Park may not be as good as our other attackers but he offers so much more
in his all round game. I love park!!
ya i agree but when were struggling to break down teams would you not rather nani out there as hes abit more creative(when he gets his decisions right :rolleyes: ) park is one in a million in this day and age and he was one of the main reasons we got to the final of the champions league last year but i think hes only really effeictive when its back agasint the wall sorta game
 

·
Least popular Moderator
Joined
·
24,837 Posts
cantos red army said:
ya i agree but when were struggling to break down teams would you not rather nani out there as hes abit more creative(when he gets his decisions right :rolleyes: ) park is one in a million in this day and age and he was one of the main reasons we got to the final of the champions league last year but i think hes only really effeictive when its back agasint the wall sorta game
I think you're underestimating him.

We all know about his 3 lungs, but whats equally impressive is his movement off the ball. There are few players in the squad better at it.

With the ball he may not be as technical or explosive, but he is impossible to mark out of the game, which makes him a big threat.

You must also remember that we've played with Rafael a lot this season, and Park has been used as extra protection for him. Plus with all our defensive injuries a few weeks back it was important that we had someone who could help out from midfield.

I'll always remember his performance against Barca last year. IMO he confirmed his status as a very good player that night. Awesome display.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
27,712 Posts
TheManc said:
I think you're underestimating him.

We all know about his 3 lungs, but whats equally impressive is his movement off the ball. There are few players in the squad better at it.

With the ball he may not be as technical or explosive, but he is impossible to mark out of the game, which makes him a big threat.

You must also remember that we've played with Rafael a lot this season, and Park has been used as extra protection for him. Plus with all our defensive injuries a few weeks back it was important that we had someone who could help out from midfield.

I'll always remember his performance against Barca last year. IMO he confirmed his status as a very good player that night. Awesome display.
believe me im a huge fan but once he gets into the final third his crossing and his finishing is poor(his miss against Boro was one of the worst iive ever seen :p)

but know that you mention it you do have a point most of the games hes started seem to be when rafeal is playing( i think i could be totally wrong though :p)

all in all im delighted we have him in the squad and hes as valuable as Rooney or Ronaldo in my eyes (as is JOS) and ya your right he was amazing against Barca i still think it haunts Fergie leaving him out of the squad for the final!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,207 Posts
Happy for the club and Park Ji-Sung.

He is a definite Premier League quality player and I hope all the doubters have been proved wrong this season. He may not be as good as other world-class wingers and he can't finish to save his life, but he gives 101% every time he takes to the field and I'm delighted for him.
 

·
HODOR!
Joined
·
7,033 Posts
Well deserved a great pro, always gives everything and i for want to see him play a bit more games.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
629 Posts
He is one of the most hard working players we've got in the squad. What he lacks in ability he more than makes up for it with his hard work and perseverence. It will be a great boost for his confidence and the contract is the way of telling him that we need him at United for a long time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,041 Posts
fully deserves it. great work rate , great attitude about his game. he may not be the most skilled winger but still a very important part of our team. now if only he he could finish better
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,828 Posts
RedForceRising said:
Happy for the club and Park Ji-Sung.

He is a definite Premier League quality player and I hope all the doubters have been proved wrong this season. He may not be as good as other world-class wingers and he can't finish to save his life, but he gives 101% every time he takes to the field and I'm delighted for him.
Yep, ditto.

He won't get the headlines, but he's a fabulous team player. He would be in my starting XI every game.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,511 Posts
cantos red army said:
all in all im delighted we have him in the squad and hes as valuable as Rooney or Ronaldo in my eyes (as is JOS) and ya your right he was amazing against Barca i still think it haunts Fergie leaving him out of the squad for the final!
If Park was so good why wasn't he even on the bench for the final.

And there is no way on Earth is he as valuable as Rooney or Ronaldo to United. That is just a joke. Rooney and Ronaldo cannot be replaced, and without them we are severly weakend. Rooney makes us tick, and Ronaldo's Ronaldo.

Take Park out of the team and his replacement can easily fit in.

I always thought why not play Tevez in the Park role. He has equal work rate, and can help out defensivly too when needed. The only other point is that Tevez can create and score, whereas Park's ability in that field is limited.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,505 Posts
he lacks that bit of magic, but we have other players for that and in terms of effort and determination and never say die park is a class guy, well deserves it
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
15,336 Posts
I've made my feelings known about Park a lot, and I'm a massive fan.

The contract is fully-deserved, so congratulations Park and keep it up.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top