Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My question is simply- has Park reached the pinnacle of his career in terms of his ability; is there any more to come or is what we see now the most we are going to get from him?

Personally i have a lot of time for what he does for us and can appreciate what he offers, not nescassarily in every single game- there are games when other would be better suited , but overall i think he is a massive plus for us on many levels.

However the guy has his critics and deficiencies in his game do sometimes come to the fore and let us down when we need them most- the number of times he has found himself in front of goal and wasted the opportunity spring to mind, or when we lack that bit of creativity and need some magic park is not going to be the man to provide it or lift the team in that way. His honest down to earth industry , tenacity and doing the basics really well lets other more skilful and extravavgant players do there thing in other areas while we know we have someone dependable working along side them who will work the opposition and complement our game both going forward and when the opposition have the ball.

I was wondering though, given he is 28 and at that ‘ peak’ age in terms of a professional is he now at the top of his game, is this as far as he will progress or is there still more to come from him?? Since he has been here his game has improved and areas of the game he needs to work on have been enhanced by playing with such great players alongside him and playing at the premier league level. Generally in all areas he is good and offers something but can ‘ good’ be improved on and made into very good or great and can the areas where there are still problems be brought up to scratch or has he reached his natural level and his game going to stay on this present plateau??

He will never get the praise some flair players earn, he will never be a game changer or amaze people regularly with out of this world skill, but what he does he does well and every team/ squad needs a player like him around. Other players success on the pitch often comes from players such as him whose unsung role lets the other great players get on with being great.

But can he elevate his game anymore and improve his weaknesses or at the age he is now is he at his natural peak and should we just accept him as he is now and make sure we get the best out of him as we do at the moment without trying to turn him into something he isn’t, or is there something more to come

· Registered
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
for me park has his his natural peak in terms of his general game...his deficiencies are there for all to see and the longer it goes on it doesn't seem that he or the coaches can get these areas improved. always said his finishing is amongst the worst at the club-despite the fact he gets himself in some fantastic posistions and for a winger his crossing is pretty low down the list of his skills, instead of geting good crosses in he always seems to try and cut inside or work a one-two with someone

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.