Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does it mean to you as a Manchester United fan to watch United live?

Is there a different vibe from home matches to say an away game in the Champions league?

If so…

Please explain

·
Registered
14 Posts
i havent watched them at old trafford for years, as people call people who are like me 'armchair supporters' it is basically because i cant afford it and no matter what kind of supporter who you are you are still one of the supporters.

now as for the topic lol when i watch them on tv i feel proud to be a supporter of a team that can produce talent that is on show at united at the moment.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
My life seems to revolve around when United play.

If I'm not going to the game at OT, I watch it on TV. If it's not being shown on UK TV I find a pub with a dodgy cable/satellite feed to watch it in. If I can't find a dodgy pub I listen to it on the radio. If it's not on the radio I'm glued to Soccer Saturday on Sky Sports News and failing that I'm checking WAP on my mobile every few minutes for score updates!!!

Watching United live at OT is one of my favourite things to do in life. The whole experience - having a few pints beforehand, the nervousness before the kick off, joining in with the chants, watching the game, the highs and lows during the game - it's fantastic. When Old Trafford is rocking there is no place on Earth I would rather be.

Unfortunately, I can't compare it with a European away game because I've only ever watched United away from home twice - Prem game v Everton at Goodison in 1995 (I think) & pre-season friendly v Preston at Deepdale in 2006 - and on both occasions I was sat with the home support.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
the one thing i look forward to is to watch united every weekend, and i love it when we have mid week games, though not good for the players.
I never been to old trafford, so i guess i am another armchair supporter, but i will be there one day, hopefully when fergie still in charge

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
United at home are more unpredictable than United away, I do not know why. United away fans are the hard core of the support, the most vociferous, the "loudest". At home they are split up into the rest of the 70 odd thousand. The prawn sandwiches, the glitter fans, do not go to away matches.

I too cannot afford more than the odd home game nowadays, bills are going up up up, not least of all watching top class games.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts