Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Patrice Evra is on a collision course with Manchester United after demanding a staggering £120,000-a-week contract.

United full-back Evra is demanding parity with the top earners at the club like Rio Ferdinand before he commits himself to stay at Old Trafford.

Evra, who joined United two years ago from Monaco for £5.5million, is currently on £36,000 a week and has just started talks about a new deal.

But the 26-year-old's demands have caused a major stand-off with the club after his representatives insisted he deserves to be among their top earners

Well, I think this is all a bit strechy but I would give him as same as Rio's getting. He's been a revelation and has become arguably the best LB in the world...

·
23,699 Posts
I smell trouble whenever there are significant pay disputes and I don't like it.:(

Ferdinand sat on it for the longest time, Brown has not signed... and soon others will join in the fray.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
That's ridiculous.

Ferdinand has been at the club for over 5 years (making well over 150 appearances), is a regular England international, was a £30m defender and has captained United on a few occasions. He is a World class defender.

Evra is still a relative newbie (just over 50 appearances) and, for all the plaudits he gets from United fans, he's still behind Abidal in the pecking order for France. He's improving all the time and I'm surprised he's 'only' on £36k per week but asking for £120k is ludicrous.

·
Banned
836 Posts
Why dont these players just focus on playing and not what they get in their wallets? They should bring in wage caps as they do in Rugby. Players think they're all high and mighty and are jealous of higher earning players.

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
versa said:
I smell trouble whenever there are significant pay disputes and I don't like it.:(

Ferdinand sat on it for the longest time, Brown has not signed... and soon others will join in the fray.
I dont think it will come to that ...

For a start The Glazers are not idiots - they are business men and they wont be held to ransom by anyone !!

And the same can be said for Fergie too....

The Glazers and Fergie are people not to be messed with.

As we see several times no one player is too big to be sent packing ...

Beckham, RVN ... ;)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Evra stuns Man Utd with £120,000-a-week demands

Patrice Evra has stunned Manchester United by his new £120,000-a-week contract demands.

The Mirror says United full-back Evra is demanding parity with the top earners at the club like Rio Ferdinand before he commits himself to stay at Old Trafford. Evra, who joined United two years ago from Monaco for £5.5million, is currently on £36,000 a week and has just started talks about a new deal.

But the 26-year-old's demands have caused a major stand-off with the club after his representatives insisted he deserves to be among their top earners.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Miss Dangerous said:
I don`t think.. the news` true in the first place!!:eek:
Totally agree

I think Evra has deserves a pay rise, maybe up to £70,000 p/w.

But never believe the tabloids, they'll write anything to sell papers.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Footballs player are such fools sometimes, if he want a raise like that he can just flip club to Chelsea and then it's possible. Michael Ballack gets around 140000£ a week, that's insane. I could pay the only cash i have around 20£ or something to know why they need a raise. What do they wanna buy, but i hope its just crazy talk about he wanting that much.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
i remembered him saying that he owes sir alex so much, and that he was trained by him, so personally i dun think the news is true.
if it is, he is being very ungrateful

·
Registered
18 Posts
THis could possibly be a tactic to scare away other clubs while we settle for less than 100k :D :D

But 130k is a tad to high... mind u there arent that many great LB available that are only 26!

·
Registered
76 Posts
All i can say, Paper Talk, probably bollocks!

He won't get anything near that, although i wouldnd't want to let him go so we need to comprimise.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
he's willing to sign a contract worth 36k a week then all of a sudden he wants a pay rise of 84k? what a load of bull just paper talk IMO

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
reddwarf said:
That's ridiculous.

Ferdinand has been at the club for over 5 years (making well over 150 appearances), is a regular England international, was a £30m defender and has captained United on a few occasions. He is a World class defender.

Evra is still a relative newbie (just over 50 appearances) and, for all the plaudits he gets from United fans, he's still behind Abidal in the pecking order for France. He's improving all the time and I'm surprised he's 'only' on £36k per week but asking for £120k is ludicrous.
WELL SAID LITTLE MAN

·
Registered
293 Posts
ok i don't understand this, who isn't happy with 36K a week!? the majority of the population make that in a year. and now he wants to almost quadripple his pay? I don't believe what this sport is coming to!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts