Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Manchester United defender Patrice Evra has insisted that their recent defeats to Liverpool and Fulham are just minor setbacks which will not be repeated.

The Red Devils' lead at the top of the Premier League has been cut to just one point as a result of their recent losses, although they still have a game in hand.

The Senegal-born French international says losing is not something that United are used to, and he is sure they will get back to winning ways when they return to action.

"In three years, it is the very first time that I have experienced two defeats in a row," Evra told French publication L'Equipe.

"I am sure it is just a little accident."

The 27-year-old is currently with the France squad ahead of their upcoming World Cup qualifying home and away fixtures against Lithuania, and Evra says he is only concentrating on helping Les Bleus pick up six points at present.

"Anyway, I have to forget about the club now. I will think about Manchester again after the two matches against Lithuania."

I sure hope he is right, and that Man U won't slip up again. What are your thoughts ?

:first: C'mon United bring home the title :D:D

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
my thoughts are that patrices loss of form has been the most marked in this recent run .

he along with vidic were 100 % rock solid until they ran into torres .

I think the shock of the pile loss wasnt got over in time for fulham .

But has been said in lord knows how many other threads class players do not become rubbish overnight .

My main concern now is that nobody gets crocked in the internationals .

Man u is a term used by our rivals usually with an re for effect -we are man utd, united or simply the finest team in england europe and the world .

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Tbh we are capable of slipping up again especially as we are entering the busy period & still competing in all front but both liverpool and chelsea are capable of slipping up just the same. Another interesting run this season and im expecting the winner to finally win it on the last day just like we did last season.

What worry me is our form after international break, from my observation ( i might be wrong thou), we often didnt do quite well coming back from international break. What matter most is a win and that we can score goals. That is the most important key factor in order for us to still be in the run.

·
Registered
216 Posts
patrices loss of form has been worring me alot.unless he rediscovers some of his exploits on the left wing, i bet we will slip again especially now that we dont have Vidic,rooney ...etc

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
i think that instead of talking about not slipping up again.the boys should show it while on the pitch.
we all thought Fulham would be a stroll in the park,never thought for one moment that the result wouldn't go our way.there lies the problem..not only are we as fans becoming complacent,but the fellas who proudly kiss their shirts on a win,also are..:rolleyes:
mr evra a message from a lady who lives and breathes united...get your act together,stop talking the talk and start walking the walk....
of course i believe that the title is ours to throw away,but lets not give our rivals any more chances...:thumbsup:

Z

·
0 Posts
my thoughts are that patrices loss of form has been the most marked in this recent run .

he along with vidic were 100 % rock solid until they ran into torres .
Lennon gave Evra the run around in the Carling Cup final. It's not just Torres. His season has been interrupted by a ridiculous ban followed by an injury. The international break will hopefully do him some good and he'll come back strong.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Assuming that France do well. Also assuming that the French crowds don't jeer too much.

France Vs Argentina was just poor form by the crowd.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts