Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Good to see we're not getting our hopes up for a Ronaldo win for the 'Ballon d'Or' and it's good to see we're not dreaming of swapping Ronaldo for messi or kaka etc.

Kaka will get this awards, perhaps Ronaldo will be runner up.

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Ajant said:
Good to see we're not getting our hopes up for a Ronaldo win for the 'Ballon d'Or' and it's good to see we're not dreaming of swapping Ronaldo for messi or kaka etc.

Kaka will get this awards, perhaps Ronaldo will be runner up.
You wouldn't swap Ronaldo for Kaka ?

Hmmmmmmm......

I'd give it some thought myself but it would be close.....

Same for Messi too actually......

Not a lot between the 3 of them........

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
Whoever the winner, there is no doubt in my mind that Cristiano Ronaldo
contributed more heavily to the success of his club and country than any player in
Europe last season, and I wouldn't dream of swapping him for Kaka, or Messi, or
anyone else.
So here's to Ronaldo, our player of the year!

:confused:

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Yes but as I said I would still consider it - I'd come to my original conclusion though.....Ronnie is not as good as Kaka yet and I hope he does improve to be better......but if you took the 3 of them away from their clubs and had a pick of one of the 3......... it would be a hard call for sure !!!

We're obviously biased to the United player......

Any one of us could make a good case for Ronaldo to win this too.....

I dont think its a foregone conclusion Kaka has won it !!!!

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Ajant said:
I think you didn't write this first post. Enough said...and you've proved me right.
LMAO - you're getting more than tedious now :D

I find it so funny that you devote so much time searching in a meticulous manner
through my posts to try and find little mistakes......but I'm honoured to have you
doing this, no, really, I am, lol.

You must have a queue of young ladies outside your house all fighting for your
attentions.

Surely you have better things to do though......or maybe not......

Good news too - I made plenty more posts today.....

Now you can go and search through these ones in minute detail hunting for the
slightest error I made......

You might even like to write a thread or 2 yourself and surprise us all.....

Anyway -good luck and have fun whichever you chose to do.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Keep it up guys.......very entertaining........lol....

The question is, has Kaka done enough in the Serie A with Milan to warrant him winning the award...
Ronaldo performed unbelievably for the whole season in the premiership and hadn't a bad scoring record either....
Kaka had a wonderful CL campaign, so had Ronaldo, apart from the second leg match against Milan.....

I think it should go to Ronaldo because in my heart I don't think that Kaka could have done in the premier league last season what Cristiano Ronaldo did.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Ajant said:
Nah i am not in the mood to go steal others work and cthen class it as my own ay. seriously. tedious in itself. Right, i sohuldnt be posting right nw really i can barely see straight. this aint too professional lol. At least it;s my own writing though. I think. I am unsure if it;s copied n pasted from another forum oops.

Now it's definitely getting tedious.....:rolleyes:

Can you not think of anything productive to write about....

or even better something about Manchester United....;)

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Keano4taoiseach said:
Now it's definitely getting tedious.....:rolleyes:

Can you not think of anything productive to write about....

or even better something about Manchester United....;)
*yawns*

Well said Bertie :)

I am of the opinion Mr Ronaldo is the winner here......closely followed by Kaka.......and who cares who is 3rd.........

Ronnie did the double in the UK and this will be a nice addition to his collection......along with another Prem medal.....FA Cup Medal and Champs League medal too from this year :eek:

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I think its hard to come up with the best present day player for me , but i was lucky enough to see pele with cosmos in the nasl and to this day i think he had magic in his approach to the game . i did see g. best at spartan stadium with the san jose earthquakes and he scored a goal i'll never forget, there is a good chance its on you tube or something like that ?

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
The debate on who is better than who will rage on forever. Maradona does not even figure in my top 100 as I have an intense hatred of players who have to cheat to prove a point. That is not the mark of a good player.

As I have actually watched Best on hundreds of live occasions there is no doubt in my mind that he was, and is, the BEST. Other players turn it on now and then, do miraculous things and breathtaking goals, but not all the time, not every week. BEST did.

Even Pele recognised the fact that BEST was totally consistent. He never really ever had a "bad game" always drifting into space off the ball, losing defenders, crossing from impossible angles, running half, or more, of the field to ram it into the net or cleverly chipping a keeper who thought he had all his angles covered.

No contest ................

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
BALROG said:
I think its hard to come up with the best present day player for me , but i was lucky enough to see pele with cosmos in the nasl and to this day i think he had magic in his approach to the game . i did see g. best at spartan stadium with the san jose earthquakes and he scored a goal i'll never forget, there is a good chance its on you tube or something like that ?

You were there for this goal, sweet:)
I think this is the one you mean: some goal
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=U2HWUbFGHMU

21 - 35 of 35 Posts