Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two of the greatest football legends two of the greatest players ever one is brazilian and one is argentinian
pele the king of the 1000 goal and maradona th drug dealerther are both good but pele better even maradona style better
pele a realy goal scorer dribbles and scores but many of his goals are ordinary and normale on the other hand he is able to score from free kicks
but maradona is a hole diffrent story he driblles and fools 5 defenders and pass the ball the recive it and score it with his head even he is shorter than his pants
he also assists as he scores but he ended him self by drugs
but many prefer pele cuz he smyles wheatever happens shoots from far and dont prefer brazilians only

you may psot videos for caomparing goals and attitude

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Well I never watched any of them live but of what clips I have seen they were both excellent. Most people I talk to say Pele is the best footballer ever to live. A smaller amount of people say Maradona. I think Maradona is more popular thanks to his off football lifestyle and his drug problems. I would rate both equally but my father who knows and watched them in more detail says Pele is better. Then again we all have different opinions lol

Z

·
0 Posts
No competition really in my opinion, Maradona wins easily
because he played in more than one country and was still
amazing. Pele only ever played in Brazil where the standard
of defenders is very poor. My dad told me Maradona went to
Napoli and single handedly won them the league! I love
watching videos of Maradona but to be honest I find Pele
quite boring to watch. Maradona wins :)

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
-zuco- said:
No competition really in my opinion, Maradona wins easily
because he played in more than one country and was still
amazing. Pele only ever played in Brazil where the standard
of defenders is very poor. My dad told me Maradona went to
Napoli and single handedly won them the league! I love
watching videos of Maradona but to be honest I find Pele
quite boring to watch. Maradona wins :)
i a person maradona is rude and dont resoect other players rather than from ARG
but pele talks nice about evrey body

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Maradona is the best player I have ever seen play football.

I can't remember the 1986 World Cup (it was before my 5th birthday) but I remember him from the 1990 and 1994 World Cup. By 1994 he was fading due to his cocaine addiction (I can still remember him running to the camera with a face like a crazed maniac after scoring) but in 1990 he was still one of the best players in the World. I have, of course, seen the goals he scored against England in the '86 World Cup and, whilst he may never be forgiven in this country for the Hand of God, his 2nd goal was one of the best I have or ever will see.

I've seen clips of Pele and his goal scoring record was nothing short of phenomenal but I just have to take other people's word for it, and it does seem the general consensus, that he is the best player to have ever lived.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
reddwarf said:
Maradona is the best player I have ever seen play football.

I can't remember the 1986 World Cup (it was before my 5th birthday) but I remember him from the 1990 and 1994 World Cup. By 1994 he was fading due to his cocaine addiction (I can still remember him running to the camera with a face like a crazed maniac after scoring) but in 1990 he was still one of the best players in the World. I have, of course, seen the goals he scored against England in the '86 World Cup and, whilst he may never be forgiven in this country for the Hand of God, his 2nd goal was one of the best I have or ever will see.

I've seen clips of Pele and his goal scoring record was nothing short of phenomenal but I just have to take other people's word for it, and it does seem the general consensus, that he is the best player to have ever lived.
CANTONA AND BEST ARE THE GREATEST PLAYERS EVER LIVED
and messi is no new maradona messie is my shoes

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I say Maradona because I remember some his games.They say that Pele is the best,but i never saw him in action.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
abojodeh said:
when they asked Eric who is the greatest frensh player zidane or platine he simply said OF COURSE ME
HE IS THE GOD OF FOOTBALL
Yeah, I remember that.

I love that quote :D

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
reddwarf said:
Yeah, I remember that.

I love that quote :D
he is a player
i hate my self cuz am only 16 i only saw his last season but he impressed me
he was with McClair giggs and andy cole the only players i know but in 1997-98 i begain to watch more united and 98-99 was the best
still cant understand why he retired so young when dad told me that he was only 30 i got mad

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Its safe to say that they were the 2 best ever.
I think your thread is a bit misleading Abo.
You call Pele a king and Maradona a drug dealer, which is very unfair to the
latter. I watched Maradona play and followed his career with Barca, Napoli etc.
and the national team very closely. I just about remember the '86 World Cup,
where he pretty much won the whole thing on his own. The goal vs England was
the greatest goal I have ever seen and the one vs Belgium was unreal too.
There is a great pic (which Ill try to find), where Maradona is surrounded by 6
Belgian players. It showed how feared he was as a player.

Zuco makes a good point above that Pele played in the one country against
weaker defenders. He still got over a 1000 goals which was amazing and his
introduction to World football at the '58 World Cup was truly inspirational.
For me there isnt much between these two, but Maradona wins it for me,
as the greatest player to have ever played.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
No way best and cantona are the best ever, great players but i wouldn't put either f them in the ten best playrs of all time. Pele was a great player who played in great teams, and although he excelled through out his career he never moved abroad. Maradonna played in numerous different teams many not the top teams in the world and alsmot single handidly won trophies, he didn't need the likes of zico etc to back him. up.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts