Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just listening to RTE on the Fletch red card and the penalty too...

A suggestion was made by Johny Giles...

If the penalty is awarded and the player could be shown red...wait till the penalty is taken. If the penalty is scored, the player can stay on, if its saved, he goes....

Obviously it has so many variations where keepers would deliberatly let it in if they were in a good position, but its a decent idea...

Come to think of it....the keeper is actualy sending off the player...lol

Discuss anyways.......fine tune the idea! :first:

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
But what if the penalty is given at the start of the game. Would it not be more beneficial to play an entire game against 10 men than to play against 11 being 1 up?

Something needs to be done though. A penalty is punishment enough. Yellow should suffice.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Johnny Giles suggested that. :laugh:

I was watching it too - that's a ridiculous suggetion.
Wait until the penalty has been taken before you decide to send someone off - Stupid.

RTE Analysists haven't a clue. :p

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
Load of bollix if you ask me..the thing that should be changed is the appealing system especially in Europe!

Also what happens if it happens outside the box?does the player stay on if they score from a free kick it would never work IMO and also what if its a shocking challenge and say breaks a player s leg and the penalty is scored and then no action is taken?

this is why i don't watch them after the game the stuff the come out with is usually a load of ***** well IMO anyway

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Award the penalty, but don't send off the player.

as simple as that.

The opposing team were denied a goalschoring opportunity, but by no means was the goal certain.

So give them another goal-scoring opportunity. No need to send off the offending player.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.