Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be grasping at straws a little here, but there is the possibility that the loss to Derby might end up being a good thing. There will be no chance of overconfidence going into Sunday's critical fixture with chelski. Good teams often follow a poor performance with great one, and SAF will have plenty of fodder for some pointed training/team talks over the effort displayed last night.

Something tells me we will see a different United team on Sunday, in more ways than just the obvious personnel changes.

Now, if we could only score....:p

·
Registered
364 Posts
I don't know if it's a good thing in relation to the Chelsea game or not, and as most of the big players weren't involved last night I doubt it'll really have much impact on their performance because they don't have a whole lot to prove.

It's a good thing for those going to the return game on January 20 though, I imagine the line-up will be a lot stronger for the second leg now we're behind, and there will be a real incentive to get behind the team and try to will them to a win.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Just a break from the thread a little Moondog

Ive always wanted to ask you why have you got a picture of Rod stewart as your avatar ?

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
red dave said:
Just a break from the thread a little Moondog

Ive always wanted to ask you why have you got a picture of Rod stewart as your avatar ?
lol....that's me! :D

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
moondog said:
lol....that's me! :D

Ok thats cleared up ;)

Anyway yeah good post United will be a complete new team on Sunday at least I hope lets face facts whether it was last nights line up or the others of late we arnt playing well.

I fear if we play as bad as we have been lately then Sunday may end in defeat .

Fingers crossed Fergie gives them a right old kick up the arse .

·
Registered
238 Posts
yes the second leg at old trafford will proberly now be a full stadium or there about, a semi final 1-0 down the fans will be well up for it
carling cup or not were man utd and trophys are what its all about

as for chelsea well i just hope we see a utd performence like last season, get on the front foot get old trafford buzzing and keep the tempo high and iam sure we can beat them

imagine it liverpool fail to beat stoke on saterday, now that will set up the sunday game very nicely indeed :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts