Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Peterbrough have being promoted to the Championship. Fair play to Darren Ferguson. Hope they do well in the Championship next year.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Well done to him. He's done a brillant job at Peterborough so far.
He looks to be one of the good young managers in british football at the moment.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
I was gonna make a thread on this.
2 successive promotions is a huge achievement.
Next United manager?
Id stick a few bob on it.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
I was gonna make a thread on this.
2 successive promotions is a huge achievement.
Next United manager?
Id stick a few bob on it.
Not for a very long time. He'd turn it down anyway. Much better to stick to smaller teams.

Less pressure, more plaudits. Doing an admirable job with Peterborough.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
I think there's a very good chance some Premiership teams will be looking at him. Two successive promotions is an incredible achievement. All the best to him. Wonder if we could sort them out a couple of players for next season on loan? Possebon, Martin etc.

Next Manchester United manager Jazz? Wouldn't bet on it but stranger things have happened!

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
2 promotions in 2 years is really great, and I think they could do well in the Championship. Darren Ferguson has built a strong side, and their football is always good to watch - they're not one of those boring route-one football sides. Fair play to him, can't wait for a Ferguson v Ferguson (hopefully) in a few years time !

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Next Manchester United manager Jazz? Wouldn't bet on it but stranger things have happened!
Ya never know. If Fergie sticks around for another 3 years then Fergie jr. could be ready to step up to the plate. 2 successive promotions is astonishing and its not as if his dad was really helping him out. I guess being a great manager is in his blood. Having Fergie jr. there would be great for continuity. He also knows his the club works since he played there and he would have his dad there helping him as well.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Ya never know. If Fergie sticks around for another 3 years then Fergie jr. could be ready to step up to the plate. 2 successive promotions is astonishing and its not as if his dad was really helping him out. I guess being a great manager is in his blood. Having Fergie jr. there would be great for continuity. He also knows his the club works since he played there and he would have his dad there helping him as well.
I guess you never know!

It would be like a true King passing the throne down to his son!

·
Member of the Year 2012 & 2013
43,917 Posts
it would be good to send out the likes of possebon, martin or even Macheda? (assuming f.campbell doesn't get loaned out) who knows, he said "dad can i have a defender" so fergie gave him james chester on loan 0 we'll just have to see

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
it would be good to send out the likes of possebon, martin or even Macheda? (assuming f.campbell doesn't get loaned out) who knows, he said "dad can i have a defender" so fergie gave him james chester on loan 0 we'll just have to see
Good point HD.
Sending players out on loan to the Championship is more beneficial to the players' footballing education in the long run. The Championship is a good, tough league. I'm sure we will see a few players going to Peterborough next season.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts