LM: Ashley Young

ST: Nicolas Anelka
ST: Fernando Torres

Just announced on SSN

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Rooney should have been there instead of anelka
Do take into account that this team was voted for around the time we played Liverpool and Anelka was top scorer in the league and banging in the goals that time.
Rooney has been outstanding in the last few games for us.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Do take into account that this team was voted for around the time we played Liverpool and Anelka was top scorer in the league and banging in the goals that time.
Rooney has been outstanding in the last few games for us.
Exactly. They really should be only casting votes early to mid April and then announce the awards come seasons end, like on the Sunday after the FA Cup Final.

Just think if the deadline for voting was January, Zaki would be in their:eek:

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Exactly. They really should be only casting votes early to mid April and then announce the awards come seasons end, like on the Sunday after the FA Cup Final.

Just think if the deadline for voting was January, Zaki would be in their:eek:
Yeah, that's something i've never understood about it. Voting in early March for a Player of the Year?!
It's stupid really. Like you said it should be done around this time and announced at the end of the season.
Zaki. :rolleyes:

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
Rooney should have been there instead of anelka
I think Anelka deserves to be in that list more than Torres.

I also think these awards should be given at the end of the season. Otherwise, they could end up with egg on their face.

·
23,699 Posts
* I think it would be more proper and credible to do it at the end of the season.

* A bit flattering for us to dominate the list, I must say, when we have not really played to our best potential for large part of the existing campaign. I believe it has a lot to do with us being in pole position? But I love it.

* Rooney, probably our most important and influential player, not making it is thus disappointing, inexplicable and a shame.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
phil jagielka, joleon lescott and john terry have been better than rio all season, not sure bout evra either, dont think ronaldo shud be in there either, valenca for wigan has been better than ronaldo, i fell that these awards favours the big teams too many times...

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
i'm sure a lot of this goes back to a point somewhere around end of february/march, where we had just finished a very long streak of clean sheets. that probably explains our defence, and their dip in form came from the liverpool game onwards, and thus may not have been included.
anelka was top scorer at that point i believe, and gerrard and torres were keeping liverpool right up there at the top. glen johnson is just one of those players who is consistently good, so it's nice that he's got some recognition

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
phil jagielka, joleon lescott and john terry have been better than rio all season, not sure bout evra either, dont think ronaldo shud be in there either, valenca for wigan has been better than ronaldo, i fell that these awards favours the big teams too many times...
I agree with Jagielka and Lescott but Terry?! :laugh: Seriously he's done **** all this season.
Evra was playing as good as ever before the Liverpool game - around the time when this team was actually voted on. Valencia better than Ronaldo. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
16,009 Posts
Lampard not making that team is beyond a joke. Shows the stupidty and the bias the English have towards Lampard. Fantastic player and I don't care what anyone says, he should be there instead of Giggs or don't play wingers and drop Young. Simple.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Torres should be in there despite what people are saying. He is unstoppable.

He has scored goals in pretty much every major game Liverpool have played this season. Even looking at his time out injured, look at his stats...

·
Banned
16,009 Posts

He has scored goals in pretty much every major game Liverpool have played this season. Even looking at his time out injured, look at his stats...
Look at Lampards stats. 12 goals and 10 assists? Why should Torres make it at the expense of say him?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts

it was voted for in feburary he shouldn't be anywere near the team

1 - 19 of 19 Posts