Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I watched the Germany vs Switzerland friendly, which saw the Germans run out 4-0 winners.

Philipp Lahm played at right back. He looked good in defence and looked even better going forward. This guy is a really a class act. My only concern would be that he might not be able to handle the physical demands of the prem.

Another player who caught my eye was Mario Gomez. Besides scoring 2 goals, he looked lively throughout and caused the Swiss some real problems.

Although this game was against a lowly Swiss side, both players stood out and looked like the hype surrounding them is not exaggerated.

I admit I haven't seen much of Gomez, so if any of you have, do you think he can do a job at United, if we don't get any of the star striker being named on this site?

·
Banned
47 Posts
There is no possibility of Man Utd signing a striker this summer. Sir Alex has confirmed that Fraizer Campbell will be returning to our squad for next season and that he will get the chance to prove he is a United player. We also have Manucho coming who has all the attributes to be a great striker. So we will not be signing a striker. Philip Lahm would be a great signing to play at right back, i am a big fan of his. If we miss out on him I would love for us to sign Rafinha instead who is a fantastic young right back.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
wish we could have signed Mario"Iceman" Gomez.He is a terrific strker and can fit into United system with ease.But our top priority is a defender so Lahm would be another great signing if we get him.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RussianArmy said:
There is no possibility of Man Utd signing a striker this summer. Sir Alex has confirmed that Fraizer Campbell will be returning to our squad for next season and that he will get the chance to prove he is a United player. We also have Manucho coming who has all the attributes to be a great striker. So we will not be signing a striker. Philip Lahm would be a great signing to play at right back, i am a big fan of his. If we miss out on him I would love for us to sign Rafinha instead who is a fantastic young right back.
Fergie will always say that young players will get a chance to prove themselves, but it doesn't mean they'll get many. I believe he will sell Saha and buy a replacement of proven quality. With Manucho that would make 4 first team strikers and young Campbell + Wellbeck as backups.

Have to disagree - we WILL sign a striker in the summer. I wouldn;t mind Huntelaar or Mario Gomez

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
RussianArmy said:
So what if Sir Alex said Campbell will get his chance? He said that Wellbeck might get his chance this season and did you see him? I didn't. He said same about Rossi and where is he? Wasn't Dong also going to get a chance? He had a cameo app in Rome and thats it lol I think Campbell will be playing League Cup next season and he looks promising. I think Saha will be sold and a new clinical striker will be bought or we could just buy a striker, I mean having too much players is not a bad thing if you look at our striker situation right now! I mean if we can have Ando, Hargo, Scholes, Carrick and Fletcher all competing for centre mid why can't we have Manucho, Saha, Rooney, Tevez and a new signing? It is very possible because we need to still replace Ruud. And I also wish we sign Lahm or Alves!

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Phil Lahm is probably the best full back in the world i rate him VERY highly and think he would be a fantastic signing for any club, i just hope it will be us!!

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
akash_reds said:
lahm will be a good buy....but not seen much of mario gomez......is he united material????
Well, I think so. He's very young, only 22. This season, he amassed 24 goals in 26 club appearances for Vfb Stuttgart & 6 goals in 9 international call-ups for the Germany national team. Same as Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, they are both natural target man who loves to keep the ball up in the air for on-rushing team mates to join the offensive play, latches onto through-balls & provides excellent aerial prowess & clinical finishing ability. Doesn't possessed alot of pace, great ability & superb technique that's I'm sure. ;)

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Nemanjaaa said:
Phil Lahm is probably the best full back in the world i rate him VERY highly and think he would be a fantastic signing for any club, i just hope it will be us!!
lahm is good to play RB and he want to play with hargreaves:cool:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Lahm is really great, but I wish we could sign Daniel Alves at right back.
And Gomez would be a definite purchase.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
i really want lahm in our team. as for gomez, it would be a good signing, but just that we will have an overcrowded department in the strikers.

·
Registered
70 Posts
prefer an english full back, mario gomez would be a good striker but will he want be behind tevez, rooney and maybe even manucho next season, in my opinion not sure i want either and probably not gunner get one of them

5 Posts
gomez isn't such a good striker...i saw him playing live...even if he is tall...he lost a lot of balls in the air...lahm would be great...or maybe...pander...he's got some nice shots from the distance

1 - 14 of 14 Posts