Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I get this Adobe Photoshop.....

And how do you learn to make very good pics
with it.....maybe there is book to buy too to
teach me how this is done.....

Does anyone know about these things please ... ? :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
depends on whether you are willing to buy the software or whether you could use someone else's licence (which obviously you wouldnt anyway lol)
There are loads of books about the place, Amazon do some great books on photoshop (you probably could get them a little cheaper on ebay)

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
KingEric said:
depends on whether you are willing to buy the software or whether you could use someone else's licence (which obviously you wouldnt anyway lol)
There are loads of books about the place, Amazon do some great books on photoshop (you probably could get them a little cheaper on ebay)
How do I use someone elses license, lol.....

I'm not very good at all this.

Is this Photoshop a lot of money to buy ?

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Northern Ireland MUFC said:
I have been told there is a download program called GIMP NO JOKE that is the same as Photoshop yet free
GIMP, lmao :p

This is bloody silly name for this program......

I Google this now and find it.....

I tell you if it is any good ok.

·
Registered
103 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:

not sure of the exact price but it aint cheap matey...

When people buy a copy of the software it comes with a licence key, this is what needs to be entered when installing the software

·
Registered
263 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:

Photoshop is like £90 and using sombody elces lcience is illegal

You better off buying a mac laptop, there made for making pics and stuff, but there kinda virus prone.

(Sorry, im kinda nerdy:eek: )

·
Registered
782 Posts
I don't have Photoshop, I edit photos in Paint Shop. It is cheaper and I'm satisfied with it.

Extracts from reviews at Amazon.com (Jasc Paint Shop Pro 8)

"...To compliment Paint Shop Pro 8, get the book Paint Shop Pro 8, Zero to Hero by Sally Beacham as this remains my all time favorite "How to" book....You can't go wrong here."

"...Full features, easy to use interface, easy to handle controls, easy to understand documentation (even if it is a pdf you need to download), I'll recommend this as the best graphics processor for even the uncommon person...."

"...I would recommend this to anyone who is interested in Art.
From beginner to professional there is more than enough here to satisfy everyone.
Great value and a very pleasant suprise...."

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
I have it, great program. Its called Adobe Photoshop Elements 4 - I use it for all my imaging on all the sites I have, and for posting in here at greatly reduced volumetric size.

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Red Devil said:
I have it, great program. Its called Adobe Photoshop Elements 4 - I use it for all my imaging on all the sites I have, and for posting in here at greatly reduced volumetric size.
Let me have it then :p

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
i used to know a site where you could get the 'key' to unlock the program without having to buy it. I could maybe find it again.....although doing it this way is illegal i think.

Or do what SeanUnited said

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SolskjaertheLegend said:
i used to know a site where you could get the 'key' to unlock the program without having to buy it. I could maybe find it again.....although doing it this way is illegal i think.

Or do what SeanUnited said
Show me the key reg for this ok.....I wont use it because its naughty......:)

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
keane7 said:
Carly,

Have you tried torrent-ing Photoshop?
You can get the full license version, at no cost...
Can you tell me about Torrent and how I can do this please ?

I have been told about this Torrent but I dont understand it :(

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I'm going to dub myself the computer guy of the forum, hehe. I'll post ya something nice and detailed as soon as I get home :)

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
PrinceZane said:
I'm going to dub myself the computer guy of the forum, hehe. I'll post ya something nice and detailed as soon as I get home :)
Ah thankyou - you are very good man - yes we call you forum computer genius from now on I think :)

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Alrighty, here we go!

Photoshop is arguably one of the best photo editing pieces of software on the market for two reasons. First, the fact that it is so versatile in it's options leaves very few things that Photoshop can't do. Yes, some programs are better than others (like Bryce for landscapes), but if you need 1 program that can cover a little bit of everything, PS is definitely what you're looking for. The other reason Photoshop is so popular is because it is easy to learn. In my first day of using Photoshop, I was able to start cropping and merging pictures as if I had been doing it for years.

Due to its amazing success, there are tons of books and tutorials that can be used to further your knowledge of the application. Many of these can be found free on the net (let me know if you need help finding some free links).

Unfortunately, Photoshop is not a free software, nor is it cheap. There are many places you can find it for download on the net. These are all illegal copies that are using fake or "borrowed" (stolen) registration keys.

Torrent is a "new" wave of file sharing on the net. It's not really new, but it's recently started becoming more and more used by the general public. It is similar to other applications like Limewire, Napster, Kazaa, etc. The major difference is that the other applications all connect through centralized servers and people send the files back and forth to each other. The user must be logged into the application to be able to upload/download files. Torrents, however, are a little different. The torrent file itself can be thought of as a map. The original person uploads this torrent file to a server. People then download this torrent (usually very very small in file size). This file then acts as a guide to tell the torrent manager where it can connect to to get the full file. The best part about torrents is the person just has to have the torrent file saved on the computer and be on the internet. They do not have to have a special program running in order to be able to share the files.

I think that covers everything (in a nutshell). Let me know if anyone needs more clearing up :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts