Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
Right here we go, Instead of barging headfirst into formations I'll discuss the problems we have at the moment.
1. We have no wide players. Fact.
2. Our midfield is too defensive and much prefers to drop back and help the defence than move forward, often because there is no space because everyone has dropped back etc etc
3. Very few strikers.
4. Our keepers are currently shit, and the good ones have no confidence.
5. Half the first choice players are total arseholes (Gerrard, Cole, Terry) who care more for image and personal glory than the fact they are wearing the 3 lions.

Positives though.
1. We got some of the best Centre Backs in the world.
2. Our defensive/central midfielders are the best in the world.
3. Wayne Rooney
4. Can have any manager we want as were such an underperforming bunch of pricks that things can ONLY get better.
5. Have a selection of players who would sell there own grans to play for England (Rooney and to lesser extents fringe players like J.Cole, Bridge, Hargo etc)

Taking these into account...
---------------------------1*---------------------------
--2Richards-------3Rio-----4Terry-------5A.Cole--
----------------------------------------------------------
--------------6Hargo----------7Gerrard--------------
-------9J.Cole**-----8Rooney------10Young**---
------------------------11Crouch?-----------------------

1* Whoever happens to be in form. The idea of having one solid keeper is unfeasible at the moment and such who ever is doing well in the league and is English goes there. This would probably be between Green, James, Carson or even Foster
2. Richards. Quality player.
3. Who else?
4. Terry, whatever you say he still is better than King or Sol
5. Another good quality player, bit small but proved his worth in 2006.
6. Hargo works his ass off in every game and gives 200% for England.
7. ALSO works hard and really a help when going forward.
8. Super Roon. Best playermaker/attacker in England, in the world? Top 5.
9. J.Cole is a shit version of Ronaldihno, but thats good enough for me. NOTE, can switch with Young to mix it up and mess with the full backs.
10. Pace to burn and has a brilliant cross on him. Sure to deliver plenty of quality balls to big man upfront, not to mention his attacking side, which is quality for such a young player.
11. Big man Crouch. Hold the ball up for the midfield/wingers, get in the air and put them away or just have a shot. The ? is there because he is potentially the weak link in the team. Also there is a lot of pressure resting on him, as there always is in positions where you got no other strikers/mids with you.

Bench?
12* The next best keeper at the time.
13. Carragher. Stop being such a ****. You only ruled yourself out so the manager would beg you to come back and make you look like a saviour. You over estimate yourself. Still, he can play CB or RB well enough.
14. Gareth Barry. Can play for either 6 or 7 or either left back at 5.
15. Gabby Agbonlahor. Can play on the wings OR upfront.
16. Owen? His height could let him down being the lonely upfronter. No doubt as to his shooting prowess but not exactly in flying form for his team. Another potential weak link. Defoe could be an alternative, much the same player.
The next two spots dont really have the functionality of the above 5 but I reckon could get a game or two.
17. Lescott. Good in the air, however showed against Russia that National football might be above him, or was that because he was instructed wrong by the manager since he looked like he was playing as a 3rd CB.
18. Shove another attacker in here, Lennon or Walcott or even a non attacker who is a young and upcoming star ( See, Johnson for City and others like him.)EDIT* Stick Bentley in here. Can only really play on the wing and unproven Internationally and in Europe but is quality for Blackburn.

Instructions.
1. Hargo and Gerrard, dont let anything past you. When you get it, move forward, you both have pace and skill so you can move forward and make some nice little triangles between you two, Roon, JC and Young.
2. Roon you are the play maker. You have some "creative freedom" in the centre of the park which is what your best at. Make some brilliant attacking plays and get in the box late, which is another of your loves, and get a crate full of goals in the process.
3 JC and Young, look for space on the wings and nip either side of the full backs to cross or cut inside and shoot or pass. Worry there defence with your runs and do some damage.
4. Crouchy is the big man up top so always press there defensive line to give your midfield some space. Look for through balls from Roon or anyone else in the midfield.
5. Back four, nothing fancy. Full backs give some extra support on the wings but remember to get back.

I'm guessing im going to get some stick for some decisions but the only one I can anticipate is putting Rooney as an Attacking Midfielder rather than a striker. Reasons.
1. He only plays so beautifully upfront for United is because he works with his Argentinian twin, Tevez. England dont have a player like that at there disposal.
2. His playmaking is top notch, his technical ability, strength and pace going forward and his delivery make him a PERFECT amf choice rather than a striker since he lacks the height to effectively challenge center backs in the air.
3. He cant half whack them in from 30 yards :p

Pick at it all you like, but I KNOW this is the best England formation around.

PS. There is no room for Lampard as we cant afford to carry someone with no pace, no strength and no defensive mentality in the midfield we have. He works well in Chelsea's 3 man midfield as he has Essien and Mikel mopping things up when things inevitably go behind him.

EDIT* Beckham can play at 8 where Rooney plays as he also has top class delivery which could be either to the wings or the to centre forward. I wouldnt play him there against big teams as he has NO pace which would be a problem. He plays in the centre for LA Galaxy so he will not be out of position.

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
red_devils4life said:
I don't know why, but I always believed that Jermain Defoe is a better striker than Darren Bent.
Thats because your right.
Darren Bent was only top scoring English man because every Charlton player knew he was the only half decent one in there team and gave him every pass they could get there feet around. Defoe is a much better player, but unfortunately, not better than Berbs or Robbie Keane.

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
red_devils4life said:
No, he isn't! When does he even know how to tackle properly without picking up a booking & most importantly, when's the last time he scored with his head?! :rolleyes:
Aye, slower also. But a better play maker by far.

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
-zuco- said:
Darren Bent - 31 goals in 68 appearances for Charlton.

Jermaine Defoe - 43 goals in 137 appearances for Spurs.

Need I say more? Ok ok if you insist. Darren Bent has scored almost as many goals as Defoe in half the amount of games! He's a quality striker, good in the air, great finisher and an all round better player than Defoe.
Don't know what games you been watching but they sure as hell haven't included Darren Bent. Watching youtube compilations doesnt count as watching btw. You know for all the goals he scored, which I gave a reason for, none of them were agaisnt the top 4? So your stats prove he scores lots of goals versus shit opposition when he gets every ball played to him.

[sarcasm]What a real quality[/sarcasm]

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
-zuco- said:
Dunno what game I've been watching to be honest cos I'm bladdered,but......maybe it's one of the 44 games
in the 05/06 season where he scored 22 goals, or maybe it's the 06/07 season where he scored 15 in 35 appearances? What do you reckon Mr. Insult?
Being drunk isnt an excuse to read the first line of my message, ignore the rest and then start insulting me. To be fairly honest, I could score 4 against Tottenham and the like the way they are defending. Any team out of the top 4 has poor defence, its not hard to score. He scores vs shit opposition when he gets every ball played to him. I could easily score 22 goals in 44 games like that.

eoininho said:
doesnt really matter if FIBREGLASS (HA hadn heard that) cant head he makes up for it in his general play, goal ratio, assist ratio etc he runs midfield better than any1 in the game at the moment and doesnt dissapear like stevie

when has stevie headed a ball (and please dont say the cl final!!)

if ya want a player who has all these attributes but recently hasnt been doin it lately its Ballack!!
Except Ballack is lazy, cant defend, slow and the fact he is always seeing the physiotherapist.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts