Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
eoininho said:
still dont think stevie 'silver bullet' gerrard can be described as the best all round player!!!!!

come on he disappears in games , yes he scores vital goals often in injury time hence gets lots of press...

but he NEVER bosses midfield or dominates and influences play, he's simply not intellegent enough like the true greats, Zidane, Keane, Scholes, Kaka, Maradonna these guys would piss all over Gerrard!!!!!! Even Fabregas and Anderson can control games and pull the strings in midfield better than Gerrard...

I'd go as far as saying Fabregas deserves your title of best all round player, the chaps a genius and not a show boat headline chasing muppet like Gerrard
But Fibreglass doesn't know how to head well. ;)

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
red_devils4life said:
But Fibreglass doesn't know how to head well. ;)
doesnt really matter if FIBREGLASS (HA hadn heard that) cant head he makes up for it in his general play, goal ratio, assist ratio etc he runs midfield better than any1 in the game at the moment and doesnt dissapear like stevie

when has stevie headed a ball (and please dont say the cl final!!)

if ya want a player who has all these attributes but recently hasnt been doin it lately its Ballack!!

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
-zuco- said:
Dunno what game I've been watching to be honest cos I'm bladdered,but......maybe it's one of the 44 games
in the 05/06 season where he scored 22 goals, or maybe it's the 06/07 season where he scored 15 in 35 appearances? What do you reckon Mr. Insult?
Being drunk isnt an excuse to read the first line of my message, ignore the rest and then start insulting me. To be fairly honest, I could score 4 against Tottenham and the like the way they are defending. Any team out of the top 4 has poor defence, its not hard to score. He scores vs shit opposition when he gets every ball played to him. I could easily score 22 goals in 44 games like that.

eoininho said:
doesnt really matter if FIBREGLASS (HA hadn heard that) cant head he makes up for it in his general play, goal ratio, assist ratio etc he runs midfield better than any1 in the game at the moment and doesnt dissapear like stevie

when has stevie headed a ball (and please dont say the cl final!!)

if ya want a player who has all these attributes but recently hasnt been doin it lately its Ballack!!
Except Ballack is lazy, cant defend, slow and the fact he is always seeing the physiotherapist.

G

·
Justice said:
Being drunk isnt an excuse to read the first line of my message, ignore the rest and then start insulting me. To be fairly honest, I could score 4 against Tottenham and the like the way they are defending. Any team out of the top 4 has poor defence, its not hard to score. He scores vs shit opposition when he gets every ball played to him. I could easily score 22 goals in 44 games like that.
I never insulted you.

How many times has Ronaldo scored against the big teams? Not many I'll have you know, but that doesn't mean he is a crap player does it? Funny logic you have there mate.

I'm also guessing you missed the sarcasm in my last post to you.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Hart

Richards Ferdinand Terry Bridge

Hargreeves

Gerrard Lampard

Agbonlohor Rooney

Crouch

Looks kind a tasty that. Maybe becks for agbon. depends on team playin against. agbonlohor has fantastic pace but becks has fantastic delivery.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Foster ( when he recovers), RIchards on the right....Ferdinand and Terry(until i find sub for Terry) and on the left Ash Cole....Beckham and mid on the right...Hargo and Carrick....and Joe Cole on the left..up front...Rooney with Agbonlahor

·
Registered
68 Posts
..............................................Green......................................................

Richards...................Terry..................................Rio......................Bridge

Wright Phillips.............Carrick..............Gerrard..................Ashley Young

.................................Rooney...........Crouch..............................................

·
Registered
78 Posts
------------I don`t see any good English GK at the moment :p -------------
------------Richards----------Terry----------Rio------------Bridge-------------
------------Beckham--------Carrick--------Hargreaves--------Ashley-------
--------------------------Rooney-----------------Owen--------------------------

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Fabio Capello drops Beckham

Los Angeles Galaxy midfielder David Beckham has been told that he will not join up with the England squad to face Switzerland.

Fabio Capello, who is due to formally announce his provisional squad at 15:30 local time this afternoon, apparently had a lengthy telephone discussion with the player last night, informing him of his decision.

But during this conversation, Capello has told Beckham that this is not an international exile, but rather a temporary arrangement due to a lack of match fitness.

Should the former Manchester United man be able to regain his match fitness, then he'll surely earn a recall. That said, with time running out in Beckham's career, this could be easier said than done.

He has been training on a near-full time basis with Arsenal during Major League Soccer's close season, but this apparently is not enough.

However, with the Galaxy set to return to action in spring in an Asian tour, and then their domestic season, there could yet be time for him to return to the England setup before summer.

Beckham has 99 caps, with many speculating that he would earn a cameo appearance against the Swiss in order to reach his century.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
-------james---------

--gary---rio-----terry-----cashley

---------------hargo-------------

cole--------lampard----------swp------

---------------gerrard---------

----------rooney---------------

and you might take a point in zagreb with this one ;)

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
CROoney from Dubrovnik said:
-------james---------

--gary---rio-----terry-----cashley

---------------hargo-------------

cole--------lampard----------swp------

---------------gerrard---------

----------rooney---------------

and you might take a point in zagreb with this one ;)
Rooney as lone-striker?! :eek: :rolleyes:

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
England squad to play Switzerland:

Goalkeepers: David James (Portsmouth), Scott Carson (Liverpool on loan at Aston Villa), Chris Kirkland (Wigan Athletic)

Defenders: Wayne Bridge (Chelsea), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Curtis Davies (West Brom on loan at Aston Villa), Rio Ferdinand (Manchester United), Glen Johnson (Portsmouth), Ledley King (Tottenham Hotspur), Nicky Shorey (Reading), Wes Brown (Manchester United), Joleon Lescott (Everton), Micah Richards (Manchester City), Matthew Upson (West Ham United), Jonathan Woodgate (Tottenham Hotspur)

Midfielders: Michael Carrick (Manchester United), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Gareth Barry (Aston Villa), Jermaine Jenas (Tottenham Hotspur), Owen Hargreaves (Manchester United), Joe Cole (Chelsea), Ashley Young (Aston Villa), Stewart Downing (Middlesbrough), Shaun Wright-Phillips (Chelsea), David Bentley (Blackburn Rovers)

Forwards: Emile Heskey (Wigan Athletic), Gabriel Agbonlahor (Aston Villa), Michael Owen (Newcastle United), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Peter Crouch (Liverpool)

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.