Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 229 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 2 games AS takes an early slight lead with 13 points.
Plenty close behind with 12 points and many more on 11.

·
Saviour of the Forum
12,868 Posts
Right so I got 6 points for 3 correct in the 1st round and only 5 points for 4 correct in the 2nd round, that doesn't seem right?

On further inspection something seems a bit odd on how points are awarded, for example in the 1st round 16-Keano-16, Canto, Fozzy, GazTheLegend all got 5 predictions correct and were awarded 7 points, yet AS, BerneyManUTD, Dualta, ManUtd96 only got 3 predictions correct and received the same points!

Some bugs to be worked out maybe?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right so I got 6 points for 3 correct in the 1st round and only 5 points for 4 correct in the 2nd round, that doesn't seem right?
Just looked and mine is exactly the same
3 right, got 6 points
4 right, got 5 points.

No idea why that is, will check with RM (y)

·
Saviour of the Forum
12,868 Posts
I think it might score away wins and home wins differently, which may make sense in the league but not in the Olympics.

Although that said, according to the system I picked 4 away wins this week and scored less points, so maybe not.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think it might score away wins and home wins differently, which may make sense in the league but not in the Olympics.

Although that said, according to the system I picked 4 away wins this week...
I don't know about that. I had

1st set of games. 1 home, 1 draw and 1 away = 6 points
2nd set of games. 4 away = 5 points

The scoring does not make any sense to me. How on earth can you get 5 points for 4 correct predictions? It doesn't add up. :confused:

·
Member of the Year 2012 & 2013
43,914 Posts
I don't know about that. I had

1 home, 1 draw and 1 away = 6 points
4 away = 5 points

The scoring does not make any sense to me. How on earth can you get 5 points for 4 correct predictions? It doesn't add up. :confused:
yeah I got 3 away wins right and only scored 4 points?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's good fun.

If Spain hadn't let me down then I'd be very close to a 100% record so far :ROFL:
Post up your scoring mate, like I've done on post #7 (y)
The more people that do that might help us works out how the points system works.

·
Registered
6,750 Posts
when is round2 up? I can rarely be online in the next 10 days I hope I dont miss the next deadline.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
when is round2 up? I can rarely be online in the next 10 days I hope I dont miss the next deadline.
The last games of this round are played on Wednesday August 1st.
The Quarter-finals start on Saturday, August 4. So I would expect them to be up as soon as the teams who are involved are known.

·
Registered
6,750 Posts
The last games of this round are played on Wednesday August 1st.
The Quarter-finals start on Saturday, August 4. So I would expect them to be up as soon as the teams who are involved are known.
ah okay, hope I can predict on Friday then (holiday and depend on internet cafes, if we find one...)

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Yep you have all discovered a small bug in the scoring system ;) - should have an updated version uploaded today which will fix the scoring system -

** UPDATE - Scoring system is fixed **

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yep you have all discovered a small bug in the scoring system ;) - should have an updated version uploaded today which will fix the scoring system -

** UPDATE - Scoring system is fixed **
Cheers RM :cool:(y)

1 - 20 of 229 Posts