Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Gerard Pique admits his lack of regular first-team football at Manchester United could cause him to assess where his future lies.

Pique joined United from Barca in 2004 and the Spanish media has recently suggested that the Spaniard's fragmented spell at Old Trafford could prompt the Catalan giants to move to bring the 21-year-old back to Spain.

The player's agent this week exclusively told setantasports.com that he knew nothing of such transfer tittle tattle, but Pique is starting to get itchy feet.

"I don't know how long I can wait before I play every week," he said. "This year has been difficult as I want to play more. I was a bit upset but it seems that something has now changed.

"I don't know about Barcelona's interest. The Spanish Press know more about those stories than me.

"My contract with United ends in 2009, so I have plenty of time to think."

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
when u are rated so highly by your manager, yet u did not make more than 10 appearances throughout the whole campaign, u would sure be unsettled, especially when u had experienced regular top flight football on loan, and u have so many clubs interested in signing u and giving u regular football.
sir alex is facing quite big a task of keeping another highly talented youngster in the squad.

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
For me the lad pique has talent but what you will find out is that talent doesnt always like to be held back . Look at rossi he would of played loads of games this season with our lack of strikers but he couldnt wait around . It may be the same with pique and if so take the best money we can get for him and move on rio and vidic arnt going anywhere soon .

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
pique is a talent and i would be sad if he leaves...he would have beena good replacement for ferdinand.....but if he wants to go i think it is his decision completely......wish he could stay at united for a few more years

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
must be learning loads from rio and vidic though i'm sure if he was playing with them more regular he would learn even more. Seems to have talent...i doubt his long term future is at united however.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Looks like another Rossi to me...oh and did you guys here? Guieseppe Rossi is being trailed by AC Milan! He left us because of first team football and looks like Pique is heading that way too...I hope we can hold on to him because he has immense potential and looks like class when ever he plays...his just unlucky with how good Rio and Vidic are playing

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
It may depend on how highly Fergie rates Jonny Evans and Craig Cathcart. Personally, I think Pique will be the best of the 3 and I hope we hang on to him but if Fergie feels one of the other 2 will be ready to step up to the 1st team in the next season or two then he may decide to let him go.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
reddwarf said:
It may depend on how highly Fergie rates Jonny Evans and Craig Cathcart. Personally, I think Pique will be the best of the 3 and I hope we hang on to him but if Fergie feels one of the other 2 will be ready to step up to the 1st team in the next season or two then he may decide to let him go.
players like pique and simpson should play with united

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just think Fergie will pull the Ronaldo moves on Pique and convince him to stay. He should be patient as Rio is nearing his 30s and next year will be more mature and can challenge Rio, since they play similar styles.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
pun9jay said:
I just think Fergie will pull the Ronaldo moves on Pique and convince him to stay. He should be patient as Rio is nearing his 30s and next year will be more mature and can challenge Rio, since they play similar styles.
he can be regular as a right back he is better than brown
all he have to do just to wait 1 season only

·
Registered
38 Posts
abojodeh said:
he can be regular as a right back he is better than brown
all he have to do just to wait 1 season only
I dunno Brown's done ok at RB, I just think he's getting jaded as he's played the most match for us this year. I prefer Pique at CB cos Brown, has almost forgotten how to play CB, i.e. United v Boro. Brown has adapted to RB and pushes up when can. Pique still has to get used to pushing up the wing and overlapping ronaldo.

·
Registered
590 Posts
It seems like this may be a similar situation to the one of Rossi. No doubt Pique has got talent, but when you look at the players in front of him, you begin to realise why he has played so little.

I would like him to stay, I think he's a good lpayer, and has proved himself in recent weeks. Ultimatly though it will be his decision and if he thinks he will not get a fair crack of the whip at OT, then he may well go and seek his fortunes somewhere else.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Pique's been unlucky in that our defence is the only area of the pitch Fergie hasn't really rotated this season. I guess he thinks having the same back four week in-week out is more important - and looking at our defensive record it's hard to argue.

Pique did very well on loan in Spain last season and performed admirably when called upon this season in the Champions League and against Arsenal so is clearly good enough to step up. I think Fergie was planning to use him in the 2 domestic cup competitions but we got knocked out of the Carling Cup straight away and kept meeting Premiership opposition in the FA Cup.

I'm hoping we can convince Pique to stay next season and hopefully he'll get more games and decide his long-term future is at United.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts