Manchester United Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
So many people including Giggs in their lineup, I remember people saying a year ago how we must never ever play Giggs in CM. Every time he starts a game it pushes a younger players development back by a game, he was abysmal last night, could not tackle or keep up in mf, and made some terrible passes.
Why oh why do we keep expecting a 40 year old to be the answer to our CM problems?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
An intetchangeable three behind the front man we really need our potentially most creative outlet behind Rooney, but most of all we need to dig ourselves out of this hole and these are the players, I for one, think have the fight intrinsically within themselves to dig us out . Rooney as a false nine with Januzaj, Giggs and Kagawa roaming behind him to create and score . Imo Moyes needs to abandon whatever line up he was told best represented the United way and get some consistency in results under his belt .
If you want Moyes to abandon that lineup he was told best represented United, then Giggs should not be in anyone's plans.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Giggs has been our foremost creative outlet from central areas for f**k's sakes, I thought people watched football and did not let their prejudice against a man's age cloud their objectivity ! We need to do a Juventus and surround Giggs with a couple of runners tocompensate for his defensive deficiencies whilst capitalising on his, as yet unparalleled vision within our ranks .
Please, I don't care about his age, he had one good full game and a few good cameos, this is how low we have sunk, thinking Giggs at 40 is the man to save our midfield. We don't need to surround him with anybody, we need to wake up and accept that our CM is SHIT! and it's costing us points, and for Moyes to at least have the balls to put a couple of players in there that can at least run, tackle and pass with some kind of pace and energy, did you watch his last performance at all, every minute Giggs plays, takes time away from a young player, except we have them all out on loan and given the others away, so we can continue to play him and have people ooh and ah at the fact he is still playing at 40.
I will agree with one of your points, he still has more vision than, Cleverly, Fellaini, Jones, and the rest of them put together, dear oh dear, are we in trouble if we keep trotting Giggs out there, if Giggs plays tomorrow we will lose and edge closer to relegation where this manager is slowly dragging us with his pedestrian negative tactics and refusal to at least try someione different in CM.
Of course Giggs can still play, we play so f**king slow he has no trouble keeping up and you are completely wrong he IS NOT helping us with his creativity, he had one good game against BL. We were bottom that's 18th in the PL last weekend in forward passes in the final third, did I say that loud enough..LAST!!! If I'm not mistaken Giggs was in CM.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Did you watch his cameo against Cardiff ? He set up our front men one on one with the keeper on three different occasions ! What I'm suggesting is, for the next couple of weeks, we utilize his creativity whilst mitigating the effects of his lack of mobility by surrounding hin with a couple of runners, what's so difficult to comprehend there ?
Moyes has acknowledged our deficiencies in midfield, Phil Jones is our first choice midfielder really what more acknowledgments do you need ? Te reality however is we can do no shit about it,for at least a couple weeks but we need results now to salvage a disastrous start to a difficult transitional season .
Yes thats what I said a cameo, that is what he is good for, a few minutes here and there, an experienced head on the pitch when it matters, remind me though, how did the Cardiff game end up?
In theory there is nothing wrong with what you are saying, in practice it won't work. If Lambert has done his homework, he will have his team pressuring United high up the pitch, that forces the CD to come out with the ball, and this is how it goes...pass to the other CD who passes to the cm coming back towards him, who passes back to the CD who then passes to the right back, who then passes back to the CD who passes to the left back and on and on and on it goes passing to players stood still facing our own goal, until the ball gets kicked long.

All you have to do is look at the passing stats for United, it's all in the middle of the pitch, no one can or is making any effort to create a yard of space until it goes out wide to Adnan. We need fast one touch passing with movement off the ball in order to beat the high pressure, we need players to follow the play forward, most games we have 1 or 2 players in the box against 5 and 6 defenders.

It's all too robotic, that is down to Moyes, the gaps between players is so huge at times, everyone is stood still waiting for a ball to their feet, we may not have the talent but that doesn't mean we can't attempt to go forward with passes. the more I watch United the more I realize Moyes is not the man for the job, as for who else he could play, hey give Anderson 60 minutes, put Tony V in the middle, bring Powell back and give him a chance, or do nothing and watch the season get pissed away, which is what he is doing.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Which is why I picked Jones for defensive stability,Anderson for his drive,Kagawa for what ne can do in central areas and Januzaj for the mere fact that he is the best we have to offer this season . Tell Ando that this really is his last chance saloon, Kagawa that this is his perfect opportunity to prove himself and force the manager's hand Jones to be Phil Jones and Januzaj thag there is no pressure and there is absolutely no need to tell Wayne Rooney anything . Giggs can and he will pick holes in a defence, what we need are the players best placed to utilize those chances and these are the players I,note the I, believe are best placed to do so for the next few weeks,note the ''next few weeks''.
Listen, right now I don't care who plays, I would like to see us show some effort and desire and take the game to Villa and hope we win, honestly don't care how we do it or what players we do it with. Lose tomorrow and this is going to get very very ugly.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Hi, Villa fan here.

As much as the two loses on the bounce at home is enough to give any Villa fan hope going into this fixture, let's be realistic, form is temporary. Your playing us at home firstly, Villa Park is our own worst enemy, great pitch which allows teams to come and play it about... but we rarely take advantage. Our main striker's luck seems to have run out, not for lack of trying, he just can't convert! Add to that our inform midfielder is suspended and our best defender by some distance in Ron Vlaar missing through injury and things don't look so bleak.

We are slow, static and very rarely get the crowd going at Villa Park... i'm not feeling confident, your due a result and we are shocking at home. Personally hoping Luna is fit to play because that means Baker at left back and he has no speed to deal with people like Januzaj, Valencia and Nani.

You'll see tomorrow, we play very narrow, you will exploit one side of the pitch... every team that has visited us has and you will dominate possession. The only thing that could help us is Gabby using his pace on the break...
you think you are slow and static, have you seen us play this season, sounds like it might not be a spectacle of football.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
After a slow start it was nice to see United play the kind of football we should be playing even if it was only for 15-20 minutes, where has that effort been all season? Happy that Welbeck and TC scored hopefully that will do their confidence some good, and a big thumbs up to David Moyes, it was clear after the first few minutes that Giggs and TC were going to struggle in cm, I am assuming it was Moyes who pulled Rooney deeper which changed the game for us and we looked more balanced and threatening.

Moyes has clearly been talking to someone, we had a real attacking impetus to us today which I was happy to see, lots of great passes and touches and movement. My only disappointment was that we did not continue to take the game to Villa, i wanted to see 5 or 6 on the board, but we took our foot off the pedal again.

Great performances by most everyone today, except Evra, let's hope this can kick start another winning run, I think it's too late now for the top four but who knows. Nice to see DF back, United can benefit from his experience.

I'll take this win albeit with a grain of salt, this was Villa not City or Chelsea and we still have to find a solution in CM.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
This is what pisses me off about Moyes, "I don't think there was an awful lot of difference [in the games], except we obviously scored the goals," he told Sky Sports.
"We have not been scoring and goals change how it looks, mainly for the media, but we know we have to play better as well and we have to play better than we did today again." David Moyes.
Yes David goals change how it looks " just for the media" are you saying you would have preferred 0-0 or are you saying you were disappointed not to get more than 3?

I must have been watching something entirely different because I saw a team that attacked, were cohesive, made forward runs and passes, had some energy and attacked the ball in the box, as well as being more consistent with crosses. Not for 90 minutes, but I saw a different team today.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
There's a lot of things about Moyes that pisses you off, for f**k sake cheer up.
There certainly is, I was happy to see United win, but this particular comment he made annoyed me, considering TC in his post match interview had said he was given more of a free rein, to get forward and that was quite obvious, which then tells me that in previous matches he had been told to hold back.
Gary Neville said it best, Moyes won't change United, United will change Moyes, I hope he has learned that lesson, I fear he still has a long way to go, and I fear he has learned it too late for us to recover from our poor start.
I still don't believe he is the man for the job, time will tell.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
It was awful for the Wellbeck/Cleverly/Valencia haters, I loved it though! :D
Pathetic. 'I must have been watching a different game' actually means 'I wasn't watching the game, but will slate Moyes anyway'
Not sure what you are on about, I did watch the game, twice as a matter of fact, which I normally do if possible. The second time I try and watch with a more analytical eye. With regards to my quote " I must have been watching a different game" I was referring to DM comment that "there was no difference in the way United played against Villa" and his remark " goals change how the game looks to the media" FFS! That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard come of out of his mouth.
For one of the few times this season, United had an attacking impetus, Cleverly after the game said he was told he had more of a free rein to move forward, he scored a goal and should have had another.

It was only Villa but United had a decent game, I even complimented Moyes for bringing Rooney into cm after the first 5 minutes or so when Villa were on top. If you are going to criticise me fair enough, at least know what I am talking about otherwise shut the f**K up!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.