Manchester United Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
661 - 666 of 666 Posts

·
shipcanal
773 Posts
Did anyone really believe we would lose to Villa at Villa Park, I didn't, they are just a dreadful team even worse than Tottenham, much sterner tests to come in the EP
Being caught out occasionally is one thing.
Even Evra in his prime, like every other attacking back, used to do that.
The consistent failure to track back and stick to his man, and the many opportunities he now concedes in almost every game, are another thing entirely.
He is consistently our biggest weakness now, and sometimes that is against stiff competition.
"I see his worst mistakes as being a tendency to ballwatch when he is defence.." Me in an earlier post

·
Big Daddy
34,250 Posts
So you take an example of a full back in his correct position playing with a winger in his correct position, say that's how it's "supposed to be" and want to experiment with a full back on the left wing?

Madness. Evra barely has enough about him going forward as a full back. He'd offer nothing on the wing.
Evra used to be a winger at Monaco.

·
shipcanal
773 Posts
Yeah, Bale was a left-back at Southampton and when he started at Spurs.
It was a tongue-in-cheek suggestion to give him that position,the idea being he wouldn't be caught out at the back cos he'd be up front.LOL And more seriously,would he be worse that Young ? An Evra/Buttner combination on the left side of the field might be worth a try for this game. ;)

661 - 666 of 666 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.