Manchester United Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Decent first half for United, lots of good movement and passing, a bit too right handed at times. Better passing and decisions in the final third and we would have 5 by now. Someone needs to get a hold of Adnan and get him out of this habit of diving, he does not need to do it, he wasted a good counter attack with Welbeck going to ground uneccesarily, don't know why players do that.
Hope United go for the jugular in the second half, they need a good rout, special mention to TC, having a solid game, and what can you say about Mr everything, Wayne Rooney, deserves a goal. Happy for Welbeck, he looks sharp.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
3 points 7th pending the results of other games. Despite Young's goal our attacking in the 2nd half was not good enough. Far too much on the right hand side, Valencia despite him being a threat does not have enough end game, which is all well and good in games against WHU, once we get into tougher teams, he will be double and triple teamed, he won't have the same number of chances and cannot afford to be wasteful.
Ravel who? It's no coincidence that we have been scoring more goals since Rooney started playing CM.
Another solid game for Jones/Evans/Smalling, especially Jones, still think he is capable of playing CDM.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I now regret backing you the other day in your feud with Oddman... this doesn't sound like someone that is objectively rating the players... it sounds like someone who is actively rooting against one of our own.

Too bad...
thats too bad, you also told me not to take things people say too seriously, kind of know when someone is winding you up type of thing, probably a bit out of line that comment i made.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Well, from reading your posts... I thought that you were simply unimpressed with his form... and bothered by the way people overhyped his play. This I understood... as he has truly yet to fulfill the promise of his form at Dortmund. But that comment seemed to reveal for me an active dislike for the man... and a glee that he was left out of the lineup. I myself was simply happy we won... I didn't take pleasure that Anderson, or Zaha or whoever else didn't play. Nothing would make me happier than if all our players performed well...
You are correct with all your points except the active dislike for the man, as I don't know him personally it would be unfair for me to judge him personally, just as it would be unfair for me to judge anyone who posts on here personally and unfair for them to judge me on that basis also, which some have and do.
In my opinion he is over hyped and has made very little contribution to United. I was not aware that this was a forum for cheerleaders only, there are many people on this forum who offer their opinions on certain players, who do not like or rate them as players, I"m one of them. The way I look at it, is that if a player is given a chance and does not live up to his potential or the standard that should be held for a United player then he should be shown the door, I'm not about to apologize for that belief.

We are all different in the way we view United, some fans believe that every player who plays for United must be the best in the world, again I'm not one of them, you seem to be, I don't take issue with that. Of course I want everyone who plays for United to do well, but the reality is they don't. I'm not a Kagawa fan, never will be, and he is largely ineffective, if he stays which I'm sure he will I rather suspect we will be talking about him in a few years, the way we talk about Anderson and one or two others.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.