Manchester United Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
321 - 333 of 333 Posts

·
M U F C
5,963 Posts
Brilliant win. Welbeck and Young scored again. Surely Xmas has come early. Shame Januzaj diving may be the news in the papers tomorrow. No need for it, still young, Moyes will make sure he doesn't do it again. I hope Young has turned a corner and can now put in performances on a regular basis, funny thing is the performances have come when his name has been in the papers about being sent out to another club in January.

·
Registered
89 Posts
...and the Ninja Shinji is not on the pitch, there is no better sight for me than seeing him sitting on the bench with his eyes peering over the brick wall...
I now regret backing you the other day in your feud with Oddman... this doesn't sound like someone that is objectively rating the players... it sounds like someone who is actively rooting against one of our own.

Too bad...

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I now regret backing you the other day in your feud with Oddman... this doesn't sound like someone that is objectively rating the players... it sounds like someone who is actively rooting against one of our own.

Too bad...
thats too bad, you also told me not to take things people say too seriously, kind of know when someone is winding you up type of thing, probably a bit out of line that comment i made.

·
Registered
89 Posts
thats too bad, you also told me not to take things people say too seriously, kind of know when someone is winding you up type of thing, probably a bit out of line that comment i made.
Well, from reading your posts... I thought that you were simply unimpressed with his form... and bothered by the way people overhyped his play. This I understood... as he has truly yet to fulfill the promise of his form at Dortmund. But that comment seemed to reveal for me an active dislike for the man... and a glee that he was left out of the lineup. I myself was simply happy we won... I didn't take pleasure that Anderson, or Zaha or whoever else didn't play. Nothing would make me happier than if all our players performed well...

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Well, from reading your posts... I thought that you were simply unimpressed with his form... and bothered by the way people overhyped his play. This I understood... as he has truly yet to fulfill the promise of his form at Dortmund. But that comment seemed to reveal for me an active dislike for the man... and a glee that he was left out of the lineup. I myself was simply happy we won... I didn't take pleasure that Anderson, or Zaha or whoever else didn't play. Nothing would make me happier than if all our players performed well...
You are correct with all your points except the active dislike for the man, as I don't know him personally it would be unfair for me to judge him personally, just as it would be unfair for me to judge anyone who posts on here personally and unfair for them to judge me on that basis also, which some have and do.
In my opinion he is over hyped and has made very little contribution to United. I was not aware that this was a forum for cheerleaders only, there are many people on this forum who offer their opinions on certain players, who do not like or rate them as players, I"m one of them. The way I look at it, is that if a player is given a chance and does not live up to his potential or the standard that should be held for a United player then he should be shown the door, I'm not about to apologize for that belief.

We are all different in the way we view United, some fans believe that every player who plays for United must be the best in the world, again I'm not one of them, you seem to be, I don't take issue with that. Of course I want everyone who plays for United to do well, but the reality is they don't. I'm not a Kagawa fan, never will be, and he is largely ineffective, if he stays which I'm sure he will I rather suspect we will be talking about him in a few years, the way we talk about Anderson and one or two others.

·
Fanatico
939 Posts
Cleverley starts knuckling down as soon as Fletch is back? Coincidence? Methinks not.
I actually think it's more to do with our recent 4-3-3 like formation change. Rooney is basically another midfielder now with how deep he's been in the past two games - Cleverley's best games of the season - and it allows Cleverley to get forward much more often. It also gives him another midfield option to pass FORWARD to instead of just having Jones.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Overall happy with the performance and result. The rythm was disrupted due to the changes and Moyes had to ring in the changes to preserve some players for the hectic festive schedule, and one of those cost us a clean sheet. Hope Welbeck's injury is not serious as he looks in good form playing up front.

Anyways we certainly are looking better against the weaker teams and lets hope this momentum builds up and can result in good performances against tough opponents as well.

321 - 333 of 333 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.