Manchester United Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
541 - 555 of 555 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
throughout the season there will be games where you have to win ugly, this was one of them, it was not a footballing spectacle in any way, but 3 points where needed and 3 points we got. I can't say I was impressed with anything United did other than the fight back. ALL credit to Hull who worked their tails off and probably deserved something from the game.
United looked unprepared and unready for this game and once again we were too slow and too static with both our movement and passing.
United are too predictable and we got away with it today, 2 more injuries, with Rafael and Jones also out for 2 weeks, opportunities for others now, which I hope are taken. Big thumbs up for DDG who saved our ass! Valencia, just stupid, moronic and petulant, it's one thing to get a yellow for an aggressive tackle quite another to get one for kicking the ball away out of frustration, especially when you are up a goal and on a yellow already. I'm afraid today's result just papers over the cracks, never the less, it's 3 points. Tom Huddlestone would not look bad in a United shirt.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Let's be honest the ref and one of his officials were shocking today, Hull first goal from a corner that never was, the linesman was ball watching, there were tackles made by Hull players today that this Ref would not tolerate in say a United V Arsenal game, the Ref should watch the game back and he will know what a bad game he had, he gave far more to Hull than he did to us i swear at one point Wellbeck was fouled and the ref gave a free kick to Hull , he played an advantage after a foul in the centre circle when there was no clear advantage at all for us , he then calls the Hull player over but did not book him , two mins later he books Tony V for a much lesser foul shocking .

Yes we were wobbly at the back Evans has these days every now and then Hull are a big strong side and are difficult to play against even more so when the ref has a shocker , the points are in the bag we march on UP THE REDS .

·
The Bearded Madman
2,748 Posts
Let's be honest the ref and one of his officials were shocking today, Hull first goal from a corner that never was, the linesman was ball watching, there were tackles made by Hull players today that this Ref would not tolerate in say a United V Arsenal game, the Ref should watch the game back and he will know what a bad game he had, he gave far more to Hull than he did to us i swear at one point Wellbeck was fouled and the ref gave a free kick to Hull , he played an advantage after a foul in the centre circle when there was no clear advantage at all for us , he then calls the Hull player over but did not book him , two mins later he books Tony V for a much lesser foul shocking .

Yes we were wobbly at the back Evans has these days every now and then Hull are a big strong side and are difficult to play against even more so when the ref has a shocker , the points are in the bag we march on UP THE REDS .
The last 12 words are the most important.

·
The Bearded Madman
2,748 Posts
throughout the season there will be games where you have to win ugly, this was one of them, it was not a footballing spectacle in any way, but 3 points where needed and 3 points we got. I can't say I was impressed with anything United did other than the fight back. ALL credit to Hull who worked their tails off and probably deserved something from the game.
United looked unprepared and unready for this game and once again we were too slow and too static with both our movement and passing.
United are too predictable and we got away with it today, 2 more injuries, with Rafael and Jones also out for 2 weeks, opportunities for others now, which I hope are taken. Big thumbs up for DDG who saved our ass! Valencia, just stupid, moronic and petulant, it's one thing to get a yellow for an aggressive tackle quite another to get one for kicking the ball away out of frustration, especially when you are up a goal and on a yellow already. I'm afraid today's result just papers over the cracks, never the less, it's 3 points. Tom Huddlestone would not look bad in a United shirt.
Good shout for Huddlestone.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
I know Valencia can't speak English, but surely he knows the rules, so he must know you get booked for needlessly kicking the ball away when the whistle's gone.
And when you've already been booked you get sent off.

That was just a stupid and pointless sending off.

541 - 555 of 555 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.